A framed Turkey(update-added pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Here is the turkey I finished cutting a few weeks back - sorry about the pictures - I am wishing for a camera this Christmas:eusa_pray
Framed_Turkey.jpg

View image in gallery

Framed_Tuekey2.jpg

View image in gallery

Any comments - critics are welcomed:gar-Bi

Last edited:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Re: A framed Turkey

critics are welcomed hu? Well none from me - that's art man, nicely done :thumbs_up. It's refreshing to see some flat work on the site, instead of crazy FredP inspired round stuff (SawDuster are your reading this) :gar-La;

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: A framed Turkey

Oh, I thought you were referring to me:rotflm:. Great Job Phillip.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice work there, Phillip!!!:icon_cheers

The patience for work like this is awesome. (Wish I could buy a dose!:wsmile:)

Great selection of the frame and matt too!

Wayne

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks guys -

If anyone is interested in how I do the backs of my frames here is a short how to - I learned this from mt FIL

After I have put double sided tape all the way around the back of the frame I roll the brown paper on to it and then take a wet clothe and get the paper wet - do not get it soaking wet just enough for the paper to wrinkle up

Then you sneak in and get the hair dryer and start drying the paper - If you are doing this on a sunny day and you are not in a big hurry you can lie it in the sun - or just let it dry over night = the results will be the same

As you can see when the paper starts to dry it starts to tighten up and the wrinkles start to go away - I wish this would work on our skin:nah:

Another pic of it getting tighter:icon_thum

This is after I have dried it for a little while - I dried it a little more after this pic and got the rest out - While it sits over night it will tighten up a little more:icon_thum

Hope this helps - one thing you have to watch out for that I have learned the hard way - If you are doing a show outside and it is raining the moisture will wrinkle the paper back up - If you can keep it wrapped in plastic to try to keep it dry - If this does happen all you need to do when you get back home is wet it again and go through the drying process again :confused_

skeeter

New User
Charles
A framed turkey - sorry, I thought you were talking about me! :gar-La;:gar-La;

Nice job and thanks for the tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS