A few pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
My daughter wanted to get her friend that survied cancer something special - This is the color that represents the cancer that she had - It is quilted Poplar dyed green
New_Pen1.jpg

View image in gallery

Another customer want something close to Duke Blue and this is as close as I can get- Quilted Poplar dyed blue

This is a dyed corn cob =

TedAS

New User
Ted
Hey that's some real nice work!!!
I love the way the dye makes the grain POP!
And the hardware is very classy looking.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Very, very nice work Phil! I hope I can make such beautiful pens when I grow up!!!:eusa_danc

ehpoole

Ethan
I really loved all three pens.

But.....

....that dyed corn-cob pen was just AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I really loved all three pens.

But.....

....that dyed corn-cob pen was just AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks Ethan, that is the first one I have ever turned - at first I was a little nervous - was worred about a blow out - but it turned rather easy - I did have to CA fill one tiny spot - I have enough to turn one more - hope it does as well -

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi Phillip.

Those are some really beautiful pens.:eusa_danc:eusa_danc I was especially intrigued by the blue died curly poplar (Duke Blue). Very striking!

Question. Did you dye the planks yourself or were they pre-dyed blanks?

I would sure like to try my hand at ruining a perfectly good pen blank.

The recipients will be very happy with these fine looking writing instruments. They will generate plenty of positive feedback I am sure!

Well done!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi Phillip.

Question. Did you dye the planks yourself or were they pre-dyed blanks?

Wayne

Thanks Wayne - the blanks where pre-dyed - I wish I could dye them my self -I have plenty of spalted maple that I would like to dye - They really turned quit well - I am sure that you will not mess up any of them :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS