8/4 Wanut Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
A friend of mine has a commission and one component of the piece requires a thick walnut board. It needs to be 8/4 X 16 X 4 feet, ideally one piece. He could make it out of 2 pieces of 8" wide stock if the grain is straight and would match-up nicely. His shop is in the Pittsboro, NC area. Do you know of any walnut as described available within 50 miles or less?

bobby g

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
American hardwoods in Raleigh by the fair grounds usually has 2" slabs that might be made to work. Good chance to get sequential cuts from the same log as well.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I got some really nice air dried 8/4 BW but it's in southern IL. A little to far for a lumber run or pony express.

Bryan S

Bryan
The Hardwood Store does have 8/4 walnut, but I don't know about that wide. Wall Lumber does advertise that they have it in 10 + inches in width. Kyle Edwards here, I believe deals with bigger slabs and very may well have what you want.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bobby, I have some nice 8/4 walnut, not sure about 16" wide but I should have something close. Why don't you give me a call and I'll check inventory?

Thx.

Scott

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Thanks for all of the input. I'll pass it on to my friend. He ought to be able to solve his problem.

bobby g

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Bobby, I most likely can supply that - I'll check. If you are still planning Myrtle Beach this weekend, I should be able to get a piece for your friend. Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors