2nd Piedmont Craftsmen meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
3rd Sunday in March 1-3:30 or a tad longer.

I believe the agreed upon topic is Walking sticks by Robert Underwood. I really meant to post this earlier.

Robert let me know if you need more time or want to delay into April.

Please list if you have a desire to attend.

I also need to know if there is another volunteer for the next one.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Tom, I think the plan is to keep this at Kyle's farm. You should definitely go if you can. I've got a few things going on, but I'm going to try and make it again.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Still haven't heard from Robert whether he will be sharing the knowledge. We are still tentatively slated for the third sunday in march..

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Still haven't heard from Robert whether he will be sharing the knowledge. We are still tentatively slated for the third sunday in march..

ah so this is March 16th. I might be able to make that. From your earlier post, which I clearly didn't ready fully. I thought it was March 1st at 3:30.:dontknow:

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
It's me :gar-Bi.Yes I'll be there:icon_thum.And yes I can do the stick thang.That is if thats what everyone wants.Will we be starting from scratch{going out and finding them}or just me doing a demo ? Which ever is good with me.Ya'll let me know it don't take any fancy tools. All I use is a good sharp pocket knife. But we can figure out more when it gets closer.Just hope it don't rain.:kermit:

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Thanks Mike I cut the one with the vines twisty sticks.I cut them at least 6ft. Just in case the split as they dry. Eather way is fine with me or we could just cut some at Kyles? Just bring your boots and a knife.I keep a small saw in the truck.Never know when I might want to take a walk in the woods.:icon_scra

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Jerry and others from the N. Charlotte/Concord/Kannapolis/Salisbury/Stanly County area:
We can meet at the new Target shopping center area off I-85 exit 54 at ~12pm that Sunday and go from there. Regular is $3.14/gal in Concord today. YIKES!!!!!

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Mike when I look for sticks I keep in mind "or try". The smaller the stick the less weight it will hold.And on the other side of the coin.If you get too big you can't carry it.When I first started I cut anything.:dontknow: But as time goes on I get kinda picky.But if you want to bring some go ahead.Try to stay away from oak you need a jackhammer to get the bark off.:eusa_naug:eusa_naug

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Well it's about a week away.I was just wondering how many were coming? The more the marrier:kermit:.I haven't been able to get any sticks yet :gar-Cr.Mabe Sat.? But everyone bring you boots Kyle said at the last get together we could cut some there. Looking foward to seeing everyone!:eusa_danc

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Robert, I hope to be there and I'm up for trekking through the woods! Should we bring a small hatchet or saw?

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Hey Mike,

I missed the first meeting so I don't know how to get there. Wanna truck pool so you can show me the way?

Rick Doby

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Hello Ed it might not hurt to bring a small saw. I use a 17in. handsaw with aggresive cut.It works great for me.I do hope to see you there so I can shake your hand for those great pens.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
I am going to try and make it. I have to check the family schedule and see what is already planned.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS