1st Gent Pen - Man is this thing Big

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
Turned my 1st Gent's Pen last night - man this thing is huge. I've scanned a photo next to a regular Slimline pen so you can get a feel for the size.:oops:

The specs are: 10K Gold Gent - Katalox wood.....

James

Attachments

• gent.jpg
    gent.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 152
  • gent_1.jpg
    gent_1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 148

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
James,

The pen is beautiful. Since you're worried about the size of this thing, you should send it to me, right away :-D:-D:-D

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Walk softly and carry a big pen :lol::lol::lol:
I have never heard of Katalox wood...that's a new one to me, must come from big trees :lol:
Great looking pen :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

jimwill48

James
Katalox
Swartzia cubensis

Katalox is native to Central America. It is far superior in strength to either Teak or Hard maple. Strength qualities in compression parallel to grain are exceptionally high. It is very hard - much harder than White oak, Hard maple, or Teak. The wood is exceptionally heavy. It weighs much more than Hard maple or Teak in the green or seasoned condition. The wood is very dense.

Found this at Woodcraft when I was looking for some oversize blanks, I had never heard of it either..looks like Walnut but harder and a little more brittle... dulls tools pretty quick...

James

Walk softly and carry a big pen :lol::lol::lol:
I have never heard of Katalox wood...that's a new one to me, must come from big trees :lol:
Great looking pen :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors