100 year old oak turned to clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellellis

New User
Russell
Just some quick clocks i threw together for two christmas presents. the wood came out of a house i was allowed to salvage wood from before it was demo'd. the house dated to 1898 and this oak was a header/lintle for a wide doorway leading from parlor to parlor. i went in looking for doors and fixtures, but made it there late and all that stuff was gone. it was down to the plaster and exposed studs in places. i was allowed to come back on day of demo and remove a few pieces of 2"+ rough oak that was used for some framing.
my mom wanted a new mantle clock and sent me a pic, so i basically just copied it for her. and made one for a friend too.

photo.jpg

DSC06521.JPG

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Russell, nice clocks. :eusa_clap The people that receive them will sure love them. It would have been a shame to have that wood end up in a dump.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice work Russell, I like the clean lines and uncluttered look. It lets your eye concentrate on the clock.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Nice looking clocks and a great recycling effort. I really like seeing something useful coming from the scrap heap.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice, Russel, real nice. Clean lines, good wood. You done good!

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

J

jeff...

I thought you had used oak with 100 years of growth - not oak that had been cut and hanging around for 100 years. :gar-La; Here's a 100 year old WO oak...

P101000115.JPG

Nice mantle clocks :thumbs_up

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Awesome Russell. Great Job! Terry:icon_cheers:eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice clocks. Personally I like the one with the inlay/grooving a little more. That subtle adornment that adds a lot to the face.

Dave:)

russellellis

New User
Russell
Thanks guys for all the compliments. I know they are rather bland but thats what the original pretty much looked like. It looked basically like the one that has no grooves. That ones going to my mom and the one with the grooves goes to my wifes mom.
Jeff, sorry for the confusion. just feel lucky thats as confused i got you. trust me, i get worse. haha
I have 3 more boards from that house. all about 6 feet long and 11 inches wide. no clue why they used oak for that part of the framing, but im not really complaining. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS