1" Thick Red Oak Ply

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenger22

New User
Steve
Anyone know any where to get some stuff about 1inch thick. Little thicker would be better unless its already planed / semi-finished.

Live in the raleigh Area. Starting an entertainment system / dresser and need at least one sheet of 1" thick stuff for two layers and some thinner stuff that I have seen a lot of links for. Thanks.

-Steve

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Not sure if you are going to find it, brother. It may suit you just as well, to glue a 1/4" to 3/4" and go from there. Just a thought.

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member
Check out Jackson International, they are in the wood suppliers list. I saw plywood up to 1 3/4 thick there. You should call them first.

Jackson International Corp.
6017 NC Highway 55
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526-7919
Phone: 919-577-9994

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
1 3/4" plywood? You would need a crane to lift it onto your sawhorses!!

:banana::beardedbanana::pepper::beachbanana:

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
Steve - I made a couple of desks with 3/4" 2'x4' red oak ply that I got from Lowes in Raleigh...I don't think I've seen 1" or more there, but like you said, you can double up.

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member
1 3/4" plywood? You would need a crane to lift it onto your sawhorses!!

:banana::beardedbanana::pepper::beachbanana:

When I saw that 1 3/4" stuff I could not imagine what it would be used for. They did have a number of unique types of plywood there.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Check out Jackson International, they are in the wood suppliers list. I saw plywood up to 1 3/4 thick there. You should call them first.

Jackson International Corp.
6017 NC Highway 55
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526-7919
Phone: 919-577-9994

+1, the last time I stopped by he had plywood like I've never seen. I wouldn't be surprise if there was 1" thick ply hiding in his warehouse.

Dave:)

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
If you can't get 1" thick, I am thinking like skyshark and glueing up two 1/2" thick pieces. I have found that the 1/2" and 3/4" plywood can be better looking than alot of the 1/4" ply that I have found. So much depends on how it looks at that time when you get it. Please let us know what you find.

Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS