Search results

1. S

Interesting Gate Leg Table Design

My Daughter and I worked on a design for a small gate leg table over Christmas. The table is almost complete. I will let the pictures do the talking... Here is the table more or less ready for finishing: Here are some sub-assemblies: The false apron acts as a stop for the swinging gate...
  2. S

Yet another mitre box - Stanley 2244

After the fun I had restoring a old Goodell Pratt mitre box (documented elsewhere in this forum), when I saw a Stanley 2244 in rusty but nice condition at a garage sale near my house, I put my $50 down and got out my jug of evaorust... Here are some "before" shots of the box all broken down...
  3. S

New (old) Mitre Box - Goodell Pratt All Steel 1306

I picked up a new (old) mitre box + saw on ebay for $50 (shipped). Turns out that this an older Goodell Pratt All Steel (likely 1306) with what looks to be the original Disston made 30 x 6 saw. Here are a few before pictures: And here is is mostly disassembled: After a day of...
  4. S

Some new old tools

I recently bought a bunch of rusty old tools on ebay - my $40 brought me 4 braces, 1 egg beater drill, various bits, a block plane, and various wrenches. I decided to let science help me out in the de-rusting process - I started with two volunteers from the lot: A Miller Falls no 7 hand...
  5. S

New Saw Tote - Disston D-8

I have an old Disston D-8 saw with a broken horn that was my grandfathers. Rather that trying to just glue-on and shape the missing part, I decided to make a new saw tote. A friend donated a chunk of mahogany. Here is blow by blow description of the process. First I roughed in the blank...
  6. S

Getting back into the shop...

And I found this site. My name is Andrew - I am a software engineer by day, and recreational woodworker by night. My most recent project was a cable management cabinet for my video, phone, and ethernet cabling and equipment. It's not fine woodworking - but it is very functional: View...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS