Search results

1. Mrfixit71

Pallets of New Laminate Flooring

Rogers Auctions New Flooring Liquidation!
  2. Mrfixit71

Lumber Prices

Interesting video on current and future lumber prices. Lumber Bubble has Burst
  3. Mrfixit71

Raffle Ticket Sales

Raffle ticket sales for the first week were 206, and we sold 98 more yesterday. Get'em while they're hot! 2nd week: we're at 468 so we're on the right trajectory (more sales), but we need to increase it. Hit the banner at the top of page and buy some. 3rd week: 705 sold and counting. Prizes...
  4. Mrfixit71

Vintage Tools

Lots of vintage tools ( hand tools and others) but you have to scroll through the list. Estate of the Late Mr. William Mebane
  5. Mrfixit71

Vets Turn 2020

For all you combat vets - Laguna, with other, have a program that will provide a lathe, accessories, and training for vets. In 2020 they will select 4 vets to receive them. You can check it out at Vets turn 2020 (skip the ads). Deadline to apply is Oct 31. I came across this as an...
  6. Mrfixit71

Tai Chi Ball

My son has a side business of making martial arts practice weapons, mostly out of white oak, and often gets asked about other woodworking projects, like cutting boards, charcuterie boards, recently was asked about a tai chi ball. Since he doesn't do much turning and I mostly turn bowls, I said...
  7. Mrfixit71

Wanted: Oneway Bowl Coring System

I have a Powermatic 3520B and am looking for a Oneway Easy Core System that is no longer needed by a turner.
  8. Mrfixit71

Looking for Ebony

My son is looking for 1 piece of ebony 5/4 x 5" x 50". He tried The Hardwood Store and a place in Raleigh (not sure which one) with no luck. Anyone have a piece like this or know who might have one?
  9. Mrfixit71

Farm and Woodworking Tool Auction - Graham

Some old wooden planes, drawknives, spokeshaves, handsaws, and power tools. https://rogersauction.hibid.com/catalog/188230/farm-and-woodworking-equipment--camper-and-trucks/?cpage=5&ipp=100
  10. Mrfixit71

Bowl Coring tools

I'm thinking about investing in a coring tool. What are you using, what are the pros and cons? Recommendations? I have a Powermatic 3520B, and often have blanks in the 12-18" size range.
  11. Mrfixit71

Powder Post Beetle attack?

I've seen the little piles of powder from PPB and followed many threads on this site. I have a beech log that came from a tree that died last fall at a friend's place. I wanted to try turning some bowls from beech. I cut the piece and painted the ends with Anchorseal on June 16, and stored it...
  12. Mrfixit71

Outdoor Cooking Island

I'm going to build an outdoor island for a built-in propane gas grill and a Big Green Egg. Size will be approximately 10'x3'. I'm planning on building it with 18 ga. exterior metal studs and durarock, with a tile top and stucco exterior. It will sit on my patio, which is 5" concrete...
  13. Mrfixit71

Powermatic Lathe Sale

14. Mrfixit71

Change to Military Discount at Lowes

Went to Lowes yesterday to pick up some electrical odds & ends. When I checked out and showed my military ID, the cashier handed me a piece of paper explaining that I could add 'military' to my 'My Lowes' account. Once you do that, the next time you buy something, they verify your military...
  15. Mrfixit71

Which metal detector to buy?

A metal detector has been on my wish list for a while. Now I have a chance to get some reclaimed wood from an old building, but know the timbers and boards will have some nails or other metal in them, so it is the justification for getting one. Suggestions on which one to buy?
  16. Mrfixit71

Estate Auction

Looks like some old tools, power tools, dust collection, etc. http://www.rogersauction.com/auction_detail.php?id=303523
  17. Mrfixit71

Shoulder Plane

I've decided that it's time to purchase a medium (3/4") shoulder plane and am looking at Lie-Nielsen vs. Veritas. I'd rather not spend that much money but I only want to buy it once. I'd appreciate comments on these or others.
  18. Mrfixit71

Another delinquent

I'm one of the many who needs to tell you "Who I am". I've been a member here for 6 years. My career has revolved around design, construction, operations and maintenance of buildings. I'm retired from Coast Guard, and still working as a project manager and teaching Primavera scheduling...
  19. Mrfixit71

Must have been a full moon

Another granddaughter born this week. My first grandchild, and born on my birthday Wednesday. What better birthday present could you get? Rich
  20. Mrfixit71

15% off on router bits

Just received this via email from Woodworkers Supply. You must access the site on this link and it's only good thru 1/11. http://woodworker.com/IRW8A From what I can tell, it applies to all brands that they carry. Rich

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS