Search results

1. B

New Tool Glote

My handsome, smart, good-witted... (did I say smart?) son-in-law gave me a Paslode Angled Finish Gun for Xmas (battery/gas)! Embarresingly, my wife gave him a t-shirt this year! Anyway, as you know, these guns cost $399 - or $359 for the straight version! I've been wanting to leave the need...
  2. B

Christmas Goodies

Gotta love my son-in-law... gave me a new Paslode Angled Finish Nailer for Xmas. I already own its big brother Framing nailer. My wife had bought him a t-shirt. I think I'll have to bump up his present some for next year! This is a nice round out to my gun collection. My most recent (gun)...
  3. B

Dewalt 735: Fixed!

Mine has been showing blow-by on the exhaust port where my 4" hose fits. When planning, dust and small shavings blow out around the hose and I cannot see from where they come out. It seems to be getting worse. (My DC is working fine.)
  4. B

Joint

ditto x 3
  5. B

new project

Nice!
  6. B

Source for rough cut pressure treated lumber

Rip treated 4x4's down the middle, cut side up.
  7. B

Working highly figured wood

Nice work and masterful use of handtools!
  8. B

Cupcake stand

Nice Mike!
  9. B

Buck Bros. planes at Home Depot

Some people use tools to build their project, other people build projects to use tools.
  10. B

Cutting Board Finish

Thx guys. Am not a "finisher." Have used over-the-counter oils for cutting boards before, but ran out and saw some "Refined Linseed Oil" on the shelf & thought it could also be used for that. The thing is, I wanted to wrap up the project, and not have to run out to the store. I'll pick up...
  11. B

Media cabinet project for a friend.

Nice, Charlie.
  12. B

Cutting Board Finish

Is Refined Linseed Oil good enough?
  13. B

Power tool- what is this?

Of course there are limitations, Greg! Even so, with the right blade, 3/4" "anywood flooring" it is no challenge for the MT. In the case of the novice user, is more about technique keeping the cut straight & square and at proper deph. The tools' versatility far outweighs its limitation -...
  14. B

Power tool- what is this?

Nearly any job the TKS can do, so can today's multi-tool... and for a lot less money, and a lot more versitility.
  15. B

Which Are You?

Oops... read wrong!
  16. B

Which Are You?

Jeremy, how can you practice woodworking w/o using tools?
  17. B

Which Are You?

I wasn't sure which category to post this under, but prompted by discussions in the Hand Tools/Use category under the "Buck Brothers Planes..." post, it dawned on me. All who practice woodworking fall into two very broad, but basic categories: 1) those who use tools to build stuff, and 2) those...
  18. B

Deck hand rail face 90 joint (2 pieces @ 45 miter) IPE- reinforce with Domino?

I really hate to be the bearer of contrary news, but... No matter what you use - dominos, splines, dowels or biscuts, you ARE NOT going to keep the 45 tight at the heel. As the width of the boards move in season, it reflects 2-fold at the joints heel. Even while the toe remains tight, the heel...
  19. B

Completed Walnut Corner Cupboard

Gorgeous, Rob! I love one-offs!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors