Christmas Goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Hank
I was addicted to the Agent Pendergast series since Relic (book 1) until a couple of years ago when my interests turned to non-fiction and historical fiction and woodworking. I'll have to catch up on the ones I've missed!

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank
I was addicted to the Agent Pendergast series since Relic (book 1) until a couple of years ago when my interest turned to history and historical fiction and woodworking. I'll have to catch up on the ones I've missed!
O.K Barry shoot me a couple of your most liked "history and historical fiction" please!

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not Barry, but also like Historical Fiction. W.E.B. Griffin has written several good series. The Corps series I particularly liked. I've read (well actually listened to - I do audio books for novels) all 10 books of the series starting with "Semper Fi" all the way to "Retreat, ####". That last title will likely get censored.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
O.K Barry shoot me a couple of your most liked "history and historical fiction" please!

Hank, here are five of my favorites:

The Great War of Our Time . . . by Michael Morrell (Former CIA and appears frequently on CBS Morning News.)

Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson (His other non-fiction books are very good.)

Factory Man: How One Furniture Maker Battled Offshoring, Stayed Local - and Helped Save an American… by Beth Macy (Saving Bassett Furniture, Bassett, VA)

The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York by Robert A. Caro

Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

Well, I found I couldn't stop at five.
:)

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
To get back on track - Rigid Oscillating Edge Belt/Spindle Sander was both my birthday gift and Christmas present.

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Gotta love my son-in-law... gave me a new Paslode Angled Finish Nailer for Xmas. I already own its big brother Framing nailer. My wife had bought him a t-shirt. I think I'll have to bump up his present some for next year! This is a nice round out to my gun collection. My most recent (gun) purchase was the Ryobi Battery Powered 18 Ga Brad Nailer. It's not as robust as the Pasloads, but should do me fine for cab/crown installs and the like. I've got their pnuematic cousins, but I can't stand lugging around the compressors or fiddling with hoses. Batteries have spoiled me. There... I've said it!

JGregJ

Greg
User
My wife got me a book on making tables and chairs and suggested a new dining set would be a good future project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS