Search results

1. aplpickr

Get Thompson turning tools and help a fellow turner

I am going to post a forward from woodcentral.com. This has been confirmed by Doug Thompson personally. Doug makes some of the best turning tools in America. We own several of his tools. They are great! Here is a chance to help a fellow turner by buying great tools! 100% of the order goes to...
  2. aplpickr

Amazon Rebate Update

Staff: How about an update on the AmazonSmile rebate program. Now that we know about this it should have gone up. :)
  3. aplpickr

Review: JML-1221-VS Jet Lathe

This is a review of the JWL-1221VS Jet midi lathe. This is a nice lathe but there are a few design problems. The lathe had to be disassembled to get it into the shop. That was expected due to its weight. Half of the hardware was SAE instead of metric. You do not expect a lathe made in China to...
  4. aplpickr

West Lunch Bunch

Hey Hank, I am getting Hungry! When are we going to meet?
  5. aplpickr

URL for this site

When I use my favorites to reach this site it takes me to a page about searches and nothing found. I have to then click HOME to get to the page that I want. I clean my cookie file, go to the NCWW page I want, add to my favorite file. This will then work as long as I am online. When I go back...
  6. aplpickr

How do I start a new thread?

How do I start a new thread? Where do auto-saved posts save if they don't post?
  7. aplpickr

My 1st attempt at stemmed goblet with captive rings

This maple goblet about 9" tall is for the wedding of work friends that are getting married this Saturday. The rings were much easier than originally thought. They were turned with a micro skew from an antique Dremel mini lathe. View image in gallery emel lathe.
  8. aplpickr

Greensboro Turning Symposium website is up

Website for 2011 is now up with registration info.:eusa_danc http://www.northcarolinawoodturning.com/
  9. aplpickr

Bandsaw Question?

I am installing a Rockler resaw guide on my Delta saw. How far infront of the teeth should the center of the hump of the guide be installed? I need to book match a 9" piece of red maple for my grandson's guitar project. TIA Bill in western mountains
  10. aplpickr

Is Everybody Down East?

It seems that all the events of this forum are way down towards the coast. Are any events ever planned for areas closer to the mountains. I realize that the geographical center of NC is in Chatham County, 10 miles NW of Sanford. But Raleigh sure is a long way away. :) Bill in WNC mountains
  11. aplpickr

Just joined after introduction at the NC Woodturning Symposium. The two guys there were pretty good salesmen! Wife (Nettie) and I are both turners. Only flat work is to support round work. We live on a 2900 foot mountaintop near Hendersonville, NC. Bill Turpin

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS