Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill,
Got to the Forum button, scroll down to find the best forum group, click on that and there is a button that says "+post new thread" just like the "+Reply to Thread" in an existing posting.

There may be better ways than that, but that is how I do it...

ehpoole

Ethan
As for auto-saved posts (in the editor window), if you have one pending you will see a button titled "Restore Auto-Saved Content" in the lower left-hand corner of the editor. Click this button to restore the previous response, if any. If you do not see this button, then you have no prior content to restore for the site section you are currently in.

Do review any Auto-Saved Content as it only saves at fixed intervals, so it is not uncommon to find parts of your previous aborted post missing.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I attempted to post to the thread on "new un-favorite wood". I wrote a fairly detailed post, it flashed AUTO SAVE just before I attempted to post it. At least I thought I posted a Quick reply. It disappeared. When I concentrate on a post that is complicated and detailed, I can never get my old brain to recreate it. I have already said what I wanted to say. Is it still in cyberspace somewhere?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
My initial gut response to the original question was "You just did" but that would be too flip so I didn't do it. :embaresse

Seriously though, I think you got your answer. Gotta hate when that happens.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I started a new thread but not the normal way. I knew there was a button to do it, but it did not show up in my normal bounces around this site. I just found my missing post and have posted it. Two birds dead!

ehpoole

Ethan
One of the most common reasons members lose posts they thought they had completed is caused by the member "moving on" much too soon after submission by clicking a link or using the browser's Back button, etc. It takes a few seconds, or more depending upon your internet connection and server load, for the web server to fully receive your submission as the content must be uploaded to the server. If you, your browser, your internet connection, etc. do anything that aborts or otherwise interrupts that transfer before it can complete then the server will detect the aborted transaction and you will lose your post -- from the server's perspective that is the best it can do for an aborted transaction since it was an incomplete submission.

On mobile devices, simply switching apps or returning to the Home screen can be enough to cause a mobile browser to abort the submission if it did not complete prior to switching screens.

So how do you know when it is safe to move on? Simply wait until you see the new screen following submission showing the thread you just posted to, including your newly posted reply to that thread thread. You may have to scroll up or down a bit before you see your reply if the new page fails to automatically scroll to your new post.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
Ethan: I fixed the URL as was posted. It worked overnite. Thanks, this was a small, but aggrevating nuisance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS