Get Thompson turning tools and help a fellow turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I am going to post a forward from woodcentral.com. This has been confirmed by Doug Thompson personally. Doug makes some of the best turning tools in America. We own several of his tools. They are great! Here is a chance to help a fellow turner by buying great tools! 100% of the order goes to rebuild this man's shop that was destroyed by snowpack in Maine. At least one turning club in the area is going to hold a barn raising.

Doug Thompson 3/18/2015, 1:12 am
Doug Thompson
It's time to pull together to help one of our own.
I give and give and give but rarely ask for help but I'm asking now. A good friend of mine Jorge Castaneda recently lost his shop when snow collapsed the roof. He turns for a living and can't afford to rebuild the shop that he needs so badly. I saw a post on FB that hurt me bad and I'm going to do something about... here's what's going to happen.
From this Friday night at midnight March 20th to Sunday night at midnight March 22 the benefit will happen.
Purchase tools off my web site http://www.thompsonlathetools.com/pricelist.asp THEN Post your name and the total amount including shipping purchased on a separate thread to be created Friday night for Jorge here... 100% of the money will be donated to Jorge.
I absorb the manufacturing costs, shipping because your shipping cost will go to Jorge, the taxes on that money... everything.
Post this all over the internet but let Jorge and I know where it was posted and remember to start a new thread Friday night to keep track of the totals.
I always tell people not to buy a lot of tools but this weekend you need a extra tool or two or three. If you purchase a handle it will have your name plus a extra "JC Benefit" so you can remember that you helped.
I don't do this for a living and I'm big on helping others, the homeless, food banks, kids with cancer and their families. Pay it ahead are the best words we can live by... Give because it makes you feel good to help out another person. It's time to help... if we do $1,000 I'm going to feel like a fool for wasting my time, $5,000 I'll have a smile but the goal is $10,000 REMEMBER 100% of the purchase will go directly to Jorge. I'm not playing the game to give a percentage off so I can make money and gets a little bit... It's 100%... all the money... remember that when you buy.
Here's Jorge's story if you don't know him;
I am Jorge Castañeda, a builder and woodworker in general, located in rural Maine. I love trees and wood and have been a pro wood worker for the last half-century: ships, boats, houses, furniture and of late a bowl turner…
I started JC Turnings in 2006, and from day one people liked my bowls and started buying them.
Then in 2008 a stroke pretty much ended my commercial building days. I started putting all my time into turning, which was immediately rewarding, and all of a sudden, the bowl business took off and now has a life of its own.
I sell my bowls and platters at Farmer’s Markets and festivals around Maine and sales are steadily growing, to the point that last year I had trouble keeping pace with the demand.
A shed to store building materials was also my makeshift workshop. Alas, that shed came to a sudden end with the last snowstorm, when the weight of the snow crushed it beyond repair. Somehow it must be replaced, as my income from the bowls I sell supplements my small pension, and I need a proper space to keep turning.
A smaller shop would be ideal, so it is easier to build and easier to heat in the winter. With a winterized shop, I could produce bowls all year-round, and have a small space to use as a storefront. That's why I decided to ask you to help me rebuild my shop, and be part of helping my small business grow. I like to do things to help others and my community, and hope to be able to give back to other people’s projects in the future, as I have done in the past. I would be extremely grateful for any aid. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS