Search results

1. buildintechie

Where can I buy kerosine?

The mobil station at Hillsborough Road and Cole Mill Road has it as well. I price shopped a few months ago and it was about $0.20 a gallon cheaper than couch up the road.
  2. Completed Projects

Completed Projects

Projects I've finished in the past.
  3. buildintechie

Sears table saw prices very low

I got this product from Rockler http://www.rockler.com/boeshield-3-part-tool-care-kits-and-lubricant and really like the rust remover product that is included. I've used it on a number of old hand tools that had rust on them, and used it on a rust spot on my table saw table where in in-law left...
  4. buildintechie

How many sizes does 4" come in?

I feel your pain. I ended up kinda oversimplifying my system by eliminating my dedicated drops and coupled the expandable hose system from Rockler with the Dust Right Master system: Expandable Hose: http://www.rockler.com/dust-rightreg-expandable-hose-expandable-hose Master System...
  5. buildintechie

WTB Torx security drivers in N Raleigh area?

Lowes has Tamper Resistant Torx bits...the ones with the hole in the middle...its in the single serving socket section.
  6. 2013_Holiday_Vendor_Sale

2013_Holiday_Vendor_Sale

7. buildintechie

Kreg Deck Jig...on the CHEAP! You can get it too!

Hey all, was at my local Lowes just now, and they were clearing out non-stock items. On the pile of random crap, there was an unopened Kreg Deck Jig, for a whopping $30. I snagged it, and got 5% off with my Lowes card. A number of years ago, somebody posted a receipt for a $750 drill press...
  8. image67

image67

9. buildintechie

$325 per sheet bamboo plywood...Huh?

Its because its a "pretty" grass. No other reason....bamboo grows so fast it can't be on an endangered list.
  10. buildintechie

F250 in my shop...

Lots of older buildings don't meet current code standards 100%...and thats ok, they are "grandfathered" in. However, you had a functional structure in which to perform your work and house your tools. Now you don't. They have to replace it for you...and its just your fortune that it'll be...
  11. buildintechie

Eastern White Pine Siding issue

Solid color.
  12. buildintechie

Will I be able to stain over the kilz without issue?
  13. buildintechie

Hey all- In preparation for my addition, I've replaced a few boards of siding on my house, which is bevel Eastern White Pine. I've stained the boards to match with a blue solid color Sherwin Williams exterior stain. A couple weeks after applying the stain I have noticed where the knots...
  14. buildintechie

dorm room doors

Just an extra thought- I have a pair of extra doors I'm saving, that were part of a small twin door unit...Eventually (when I have room) I'll use them as the wings of a miter bench. You could rip a door in half and do the same.
  15. buildintechie

Gutter Company

Thanks everybody. I've got a couple quotes coming.
  16. buildintechie

Gutter Company

Anybody have a recommendation for a gutter company in the Raleigh/Durham area? Will be replacing all my gutters during my addition. Thanks
  17. buildintechie

Replacement Lighted Extension Cord Ends

Anybody know where I can find a replacement lighted extenstion cord plug? The outer insulation has pulled out of the end of my 100' yellow jacekt extension cord, and I'd like to replace it with another end that has a light in it. Anybody know of a supplier? Ebay, Amazon and the usual suspects...
  18. buildintechie

Safety/pressure relief valves on air compressor:How much margin above the pressure switch?

Harbor Freight has them for less than $100...I know because we just got one at work to scope a gas tank. http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html
  19. buildintechie

Compressor monitor?

You could wire in a 12v transformer (something like a doorbell transformer) across one hot and the neutral (thus getting 120) then run some direct-bury 2 conductor telephone wire to a 12v light bulb you can pick up at radio shack. I tied in a line at my panel to a 120v red light that I mounted...
  20. buildintechie

Transporting a cabinet saw?

If you need help lifting the main cabinet, when I moved mine, we had 4 people lifting it with 2 2x4s under the table. Mine wasnt as heavy as a cabinet, as its a delta 10" on a mobile bade, but it worked very well...especially since I couldnt roll it through the muddy back yard.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS