Search results

1. M

Lvlp

Does anyone here have experience with lvlp conversion guns? I have used the hvlp, but my 6.5 cfm @ 90 psi compresser would work hard to go as fast as I can spray. I am considering buying the cheap lvlp kit on the back of the Griz catalog to experiment. I would use it mostly for cat laq.
  2. M

Lathe speed

I am new to turning, and my work would require me to sometimes use recycled wood. Previously, I turned a few ballisters to repair a rail on someone elses lathe. I didn't kill myself, by way of common sense or probably luck. According to my training (rotational moments of inertia blah blah), I...
  3. M

Router Bits

I was wondering about experiences with various brands of bits. For me, I like Freud, CMT, Jessada. Every one has been spot on, rake angles best for least tearout and burning. I'm loading up on Freuds because I have a local seller. I have accumulated a hodge podge of bits over time, and Eagle...
  4. M

Printer's Ammonia

Re: Great addition Where does one get printers ammonia (30-50%) around here?
  5. M

Howdy

My name is William Plowden, and I do custom woodworking. Hopefully, I will be moving to a bigger shop this year. I will post pictures as I get them, but I just got my digital camera (as well as laptop) around Thanksgiving. I haven't had cool project yet, but will share. I'm going to use the down...
  6. M

Finishing

Would anyone like to have Finishing as a forum catagory?
  7. M

Freud js102 biscuit joiner

I bought one despite the magazine reviews. They say that the fence slips. I found out quickly that one can easily adjust the fence. Mine came from the factory with the horizontal overhang loose enough to slip with moderate pressure. This was because the tightening arm would interfere with some...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS