Howdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountaincraft

New User
William
My name is William Plowden, and I do custom woodworking. Hopefully, I will be moving to a bigger shop this year. I will post pictures as I get them, but I just got my digital camera (as well as laptop) around Thanksgiving. I haven't had cool project yet, but will share. I'm going to use the down time for making a portable bar. Late xmas gift.

My work is mostly in making and installing custom trim, steps, built in cabinates, and some custom pieces of furniture to match. Occasionally, I do restorations, but there are few pieces worth doing a great job. The potential customers rarely have an idea of what it takes.

By fall I hope to have a few pieces made for display. Let you know. For now, I have a picture of half my shop (its smalllllllll), if I can figure out the attachment system. The other half is too dirty to show. OOps, I think I just downloaded a 3mp picture. If I don't crash my dial up modem, I hope I didn't make the computer guy mad. Please feel free to shrink it or delete it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I normally say that I look forward to your input in the forums. But your input is already there and I appreciate your experienced views on things. Obviously we don't really know if you have a shop until you post some pictures of it. Just let us know if you need any assistance uploading or posting pictures. The help related forums are very quick to answer. See you around! Dave:)

M

McRabbet

William,

I'd already suspected your talent in an earlier post (http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?p=9551), and your brief bio above confirms it! Welcome aboard and thanks for suggesting the Finishes Forum -- it will make a great addition. Hope we can get together sometime in the future to share ideas and experiences -- I'm in Hendersonville and Steve D (Steve DeWeese) is closer to you in Horse Shoe. Like you I dabble in making cabinets and built-ins (I'm finalizing discussions with a client right now) and enjoy every minute I can be in my 1-man shop. Welcome aboard.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Welcome aboard! You've already jumped right in and coming up with good stuff. Good to see that and keep it up, you have good ideas and obviously good experience to back it up. I'm several mountains away from you over in Clyde in Haywood Co. We've been talking about starting a woodworkers club up here and would certainly be glad if you could join us if/when it comes together. Speaking of which, we probably need to resurrect that thread. Anyway, welcome!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome from another Westerner and yes Ozzie and Mcrabbet, we do need to at least pick a bar for a discussion. Mountaincraft, it's good that you've jumped right in. You'll find a lot of knowledge here and it is presented in a friendly way.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
William, we are glad you could join us. Some how you managed to sneak in the door and share a wealth of knowledge with us before we could offer our official welcome. Thanks for your intro above and all of the great comments you have already posted on this site. I look forward to reading more of your informative responses and hope to see some photos of your projects.

Again, welcome.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome aboard. I'd seen your posts and could tell that you have a lot to share. Hopefully you'll enjoy the group. DH and I live in Forest City. Good to have another woodworker in the neighborhood.

M

McRabbet

Steve D said:
Welcome from another Westerner and yes Ozzie and Mcrabbet, we do need to at least pick a bar for a discussion. Mountaincraft, it's good that you've jumped right in. You'll find a lot of knowledge here and it is presented in a friendly way.

Well, I can meet most any day that ends in "Y" and I've got my trusty bottle opener handy, so pick your favorite brauhaus in Asheville (most central location, I suspect) and a date and let's do it....! (I would do it, but I've been in this area only 22 months and don't know Asheville except for Gennett Lumber and Sam's Club!)

I've been looking at members in the western 1/3 of the state -- there's plenty! What we need is for Steve to set up a group mailbox so we can send a group PM to the bunch at once as soon as we decide when and where to meet... Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors