Freud js102 biscuit joiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountaincraft

New User
William
I bought one despite the magazine reviews. They say that the fence slips. I found out quickly that one can easily adjust the fence. Mine came from the factory with the horizontal overhang loose enough to slip with moderate pressure. This was because the tightening arm would interfere with some cuts if it were tightened properly. If you take the tightening arm, loosen it enough to push the nut out of the socket on the back, rotate the nut so that it orients the tightening arm in a convenient position, and retighten, this problem goes away.

Ever since this little fix, I have had no problems. The fence locks tight in both height and angle. The index indents take a little time to figure out for accuracy, but this is just learning the tool. For $120, don't pass this up.

Charles M

New User
Charles
Will,

That's great info. I'll have the factory work on making that handle work more effectively.

Thanks!

gator

George
Corporate Member
I agree. I have had one about 4 years and without modification, I have had no problems. As with any machine, other than the very high priced "precision" stuff such as digital router lifts and Incra fences etc, you should double check your settings anyway (how many double check your tablesaw/fence ocassionally, or your router table bit-to-fence setting, or your CMS etc). I don't use mine a lot but when I do I appreciate that I paid $112 not over $200.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors