Search results

1. Skye

Click pens

I've heard this is one of the better feeling click pens: http://laulauwood.com/_cmx/cmx_store/productView.asp?ProductID=64
  2. Skye

Another Firewood Gloat

That's what caught my eye!
  3. Skye

Free Wild Cherry Limbs

I had a wild cherry tree in my front yard drop a limb. I noticed the middle of the limb had a nice blossom of dark colors in it. I let it dry, some of it split (I didn't seal the ends), some didn't, but I'm defiantly glad I kept it.
  4. Skye

Pen Question: how do you cut custom center bands?

He, I mean I, do a good job here as well: http://www.thetattooedturner.com/centerband.pdf
  5. Skye

Acrylic Cigar

I'm supposed to be doing a CA demo in April at the Charlotte meet. There's going to be a few demos going on at the same time and I've got he CA finish one. It's not hard, just have to not overthink it.
  6. Skye

Acrylic Cigar

Yeah, I'm down South. I've even started attending the meetings in Charlotte. Pretty cool stuff. I know just what you mean about the bushings. It's always a risk if you decide to rely on them, but I'm not proficient at using calipers, so I just try to keep the bushings fresh and make sure I...
  7. Skye

Acrylic Cigar

Very nice looking blank and kit finish combination. It looks like you're a HAIR underturned at the nib, but it's hardly noticeable. Good job matching the figure in the acrylic.
  8. Skye

My first Cigar pen

Cigars are normally the second kit people go to, after the slimline. It's one we usually 'grow out of' but I still think it's one of the better feeling, more comfortable pen kits. I think you did a good job putting the darker area at the finial end. I think that always helps to even out the...
  9. Skye

14" Griz BS $245

Says its sold (Not to me)
  10. Skye

Cherry Burls

Well, it does soften the sap on the outer bark, the boiling is to pull the water out of the wood. Think of it as eating a piece of chicken that someone boils to death. You get dry, tough chicken. I think it pulls the water out similar to soaking it in DNA, but all my DNA evaporated, so I had to...
  11. Skye

Cherry Burls

Does it look kinda like this? Here's some I boiled from another burl (smaller): Oh, and make sure you only seal the ends. That way you can save some natural bark for the top of bottle stoppers, bowls, etc.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS