Click pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Did my first click pens this weekend. Guy at work wanted them. A polaris and a power pen. I will say I ddin't like them, not one bit. I wouldn't sell them. First thing the mechanism felt cheap, the fit on the power click looked cheap. They are too complicated to assemble and once assembled, you can't adjust the depth for the pen tip. Neither pen, both assembled per directions, the pen tip wouldn't stick out far enough.

I've got a couple more kits I might play with, but my reading over on IPA, no one really likes any of the click kits, cheap looking and wear out quickly.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Woodcraft has some nice click kits, I have had good luck with them.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Rob,

Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the kits. :BangHead: I love click pens and that is all I ever use. (I think it all comes from my days as a valet). They're perfect if you're in a hurry. I hope the Woodcraft kits are better for you. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

Rob

New User
Rob
These were ordered from PSI, I might have messed up, I will do a couple more to see how they turn out and maybe I'll give the Woodcraft ones a try.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Rob, thanks for the heads up. I will stay away from them. Hope the guy at work liked it.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I've wanted a click but from what I've read at IAP I've stayed clear.
Same reasons you've stated.
Some like them and some - suggest they're not an easy pen. I'm not fond of the long click but they seem to get bashed less than others like the sierea click. Plating seems more problematic so most prefer the Ti plating.
Any pics of yours?

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I ordered some of these from Arizona Shilouette awhile back

Cushion%20grip.jpg

http://www.arizonasilhouetteinc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=560

These do require the "B" or 8 mm pen mandrel. I've been pleased with the ones i put together. They are definitely more complicated than a simple slimline but a cool pen for sure.

I did find out that these are a Berea Kit after actually reading Arizona's site and also found out they are $ .03 cheaper per kit from Berea.

http://bereahardwoods.com/Merchant5...earch_Begin_Only=&sort=&range_low=&range_high=
http://www.arizonasilhouetteinc.com/cart/images/product_images/Cushion grip.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
Andrew, no pics, I gave them away before I took any, but I have a couple more kits, I'm going to play around with, see if I can fix the issues I was having. I'll take pictures of those when I get around to turning them.

Phil, I don't order from Arizona for various reasons, mainly because I don't like the site and it's hard to navigate for me.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
The secound pen kit I ever used was a click pen. I think it was called the slimline gel writer. It was junk. I put it together and sold it to a friend. He wanted a gel pen. He brought it back a few weeks later. the click part wouldnt stay in the tube. I tryed to glue one of them in the tube. I ended up gluing the whole thing. I Just threw them in the trash and made him a slimline. I dont know if they even sell that pen kit anymore.

Rob

New User
Rob
The secound pen kit I ever used was a click pen. I think it was called the slimline gel writer. It was junk. I put it together and sold it to a friend. He wanted a gel pen. He brought it back a few weeks later. the click part wouldnt stay in the tube. I tryed to glue one of them in the tube. I ended up gluing the whole thing. I Just threw them in the trash and made him a slimline. I dont know if they even sell that pen kit anymore.
They do, saw it at PSI, but I avoided it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS