Search results

1. crokett

Walnut in Graham NC

PM sent with the information
  2. crokett

Walnut in Graham NC

I know that whoever goes to pick some up would be free to select the boards they wanted. He is a woodworker so understands that. He wants it to go to be used, he is running out of projects for his house. I mean, the stairs down to his shop now have a 7" wide walnut top rail.
  3. crokett

Walnut in Graham NC

I am not sure. I can put you in touch with him if you want.
  4. crokett

Walnut in Graham NC

A friend of mine has a fair bit of walnut. It is rough sawn to either 8/4 or 4/4, originally it was cut to 10' long but with checking on the ends you won't get quite that much. It is air dried but has been drying for at least a few years. He has at least a few hundred board feet left...
  5. crokett

In Need Of A Wide Belt Sander

I have some wood that a luthier gave me that is too small to make guitars out of but I can use it for ukuleles. It's 5 or 6 pieces, the widest is probably 14". As-is it is too thick to be used for a uke and too thin to plane. I live in the RPT area of NC and am willing to go as far west as...
  6. crokett

Edit An Ad

I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I posted an classified add but want to add more pictures and a price.
  7. crokett

need wood turner for a demonstration

Kids and adults. Their farm is part of a tour of small farms in the area. So they get people coming through all day. A few hundred is probably on the low side of an estimate. A hands-on would be great. I know my dad will have the forge open for anyone who wants to try it. Unfortunately I...
  8. crokett

It's a 2 day event, Saturday and Sunday, They have a few hundred at the very least. I was just reminded that I can't do it, that's the weekend of my wife's cousin's wedding.
  9. crokett

My parents own a small heritage farm. They are having a farm day on April 24th. My dad asked about doing turning demonstrations. It will be a little sketchy for me. We have our house under contract so my shop is getting packed up. It wouldn't cost you anything and there would be space to...
  10. crokett

Alternative to Sketchup (For Linux)

Is sketchup in a virtual machine an acceptable alternative? I run fedora on me work laptop. We aren't allowed to run Wine and I have some software that there is no Linux alternative do I run a VM for it.
  11. crokett

Is There Somebody With a Pressure Pot in or near RTP NC?

Oh ok, I will definitely look into it.
  12. crokett

I will look into that. I don't have a pressure pot or vac system to get it into the wood though. Could I draw enough of a vacuum with one of those space saver bags and my shop vac?
  13. crokett

I have some fairly punky pignut hickory. I was hoping it could be stablized, possibly with some colored resin. I want to make a travel coffee mug out of it so it is a larger piece - about 3" square by 10" long. Could this be done? I will pay for it, or I can barter walnut, hickory, cedar, or...
  14. crokett

Why aren't you a Corporate Member

What is a corporate member and why should I opt in? I haven't been here in quite a while and didn't realize there was an option.
  15. crokett

Birds Eye - Bulls Eye

That is beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial. I am going to have to try that on a bud vase or similar.
  16. crokett

I Can See The Future

I don't like it much either. My excuse last night for starting the 7th instead of sanding the 6 I have was my ears were in the shed and I didn't want to turn the shop vac on without them. I have 3 pairs of muffs. In theory 2 should be somewhere in the shop at any given time. It's a nice theory.
  17. crokett

I Can See The Future

and it involves sanding (at least mine does). 6 bowls waiting and I am working on a 7th. :wsmile:
  18. crokett

What's Wrong With My Turning Tool?

I played with it some tonight on the undercut bowl. I think it will work if I am careful with the presentation of the tool to the work, especially if I raise the handle of tool and present the cutter at a less than 90 degree angle. The cutters I am using are the same as on the Easywood Tools...
  19. crokett

What's Wrong With My Turning Tool?

No. The first project I tried it on was the second turning of an undercut bowl I roughed with the sorby. After that project I put a much longer handle on the Sorby but still wanted to make the larger tool. I will look at the cutter head/axis alignment and seeing if I can bend it again.
  20. crokett

Have you seen the new PM4224?!?

I might have to go up to Woodcraft just to look and dream.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS