Search results

1. bbrown

Shop dust filtration unit - $100 OBO

Home made unit. Works well. Accommodates 3 filters. Bill 434-907-5427 Email: dei.gratia123@gmail.com
  2. bbrown

Workbench - $225

Heavy workbench. Price lowered to $225 OBO. Oct. 19----> Lowered again: now $200 Vise included. 6 1/2 feet long; 32" wide 2 inch thick solid heavy top. Tons of storage with sliding drawers within drawers; wheels on back for moving; All solid hand-made, mortise and tenon construction...
  3. bbrown

Workbench

Asking $325 Dimensions: 6'8" long x 32" wide x 3 feet tall. I carved all of my Bellamy eagles on this bench. It's heavy and super solid. I added removable sandbags that make it essentially unmovable. Nice drawers with sliding partitions and lots of storage space. Vise not included. It's an...
  4. bbrown

Need delivery help: Apex to Albemarle

Hello folks, Is there anyone who could help deliver a 12" bandsaw from Apex to Albemarle? I'd pick it up, but due to my work I have to be within 20 minutes of the hospital at all times. On my off time I am in Maine running a woodworking school all summer. It should be fairly lightweight...
  5. bbrown

CNC help

Hey folks, Does NCWW maintain a list of CNC operators who are willing to help members? I am seeking CNC help to make a series of "roughed out" 3D shapes for my carving (max size is under 16-18, and typically about 12"). Anywhere between Albemarle (my location) through my drive to Lynchburg...
  6. bbrown

Sale - carve tools, misc shop stuff

Cleaning up the shop - I'll be adding more stuff: https://www.mainecoastworkshop.com/new-used-shop-tools --Bill
  7. bbrown

Small shoulder plane wanted

Hello folks, I know it's unlikely, but I figured I'd ask before buying a new one.....I'm in the market for a small shoulder plane, preferably Wood River or L-N. If anyone has one that they don't use much or wish to part with, let me know. I could trade for carving chisels or possibly some other...
  8. bbrown

Dust Collection question

Hello folks, Quick question: I just moved my cyclone dust collector to a space below the shop to help eliminate the awful noise. Unfortunately, the space is about 6 inches too short for me to fit a large metal can to collect the chips. So, I had to use a much smaller 25” tall can. My question...
  9. bbrown

Wanted - Dewalt Scroll Saw

Looking for a used Dewalt DW788 or comparable scroll saw. Thanks, -Bill
  10. bbrown

1/4" plywood source

Hello folks, I am sure this comes up frequently, so apologize ahead of time. I did a search and a thousand mentions of plywood come up. I am looking for very high quality 1/4" plywood for a veneer project. I have an order for a Jefferson lap desk in curly cherry. The wood parts are very thin...
  11. bbrown

Flex hose wanted

Hello folks, Anyone have some flex hose they don't need? I am looking for about 10-20 feet of 4" and 5-10 feet of 3" for my dust collection system I'm completing. I live in Lynchburg, VA area, but work in Albemarle, NC (E. of Charlotte). Thanks, -Bill
  12. bbrown

Southern Cellarette

Hey folks, I thought I'd share what I'm working on. This is the second of 2 Southern cellarettes. These were used in the early 19th century for storing whiskey (and showing off to their diner guests). Hence the box which could hold up to 16 bottles (serious drinkers I guess :) The central...
  13. bbrown

Poplar section wanted

I need a fresh cut poplar section with these dimensions: 16 inches long & 10 inch diameter. It could be cut in half to yield 2 sections, each 5 inches thick. I'm making bowls with hand tools, so it needs to be fresh cut ("green") if possible. I work in Albemarle and travel through W-Salem...
  14. bbrown

Votes needed

Hey folks, I am entered in a contest at Horton Brasses. It's pretty competitive and the winners are determined by number of votes on their Facebook site and their Instagram site. The competition is run like a draw. So in the first round I am up against an pretty amazing tool chest. To vote...
  15. bbrown

Mortise chisel bit

Can anyone help me find a 1/4 inch mortise chisel bit? All I need is the inner drill bit part, not the entire chisel. I tend to snap the 1/4" bits, so only need the inner bit. Should be 4 3/4" long. (The outer square chisel part, which I don't need, is 4 1/4" with a 5/8" shank diameter)...
  16. bbrown

Chester County spice box

I've made many spice boxes. Typically I try something new with each. The circle inlay was the new technique here. I also added a carved fan just for fun, since there was a nice space for it. 4 secret compartments. I grew up on a farm in Chester County, PA so these are dear to my heart...
  17. bbrown

Automatic dust collection

I'm finally looking to get a serious dust collection system installed. There's been a few recent threads of interest. I'm wondering if any folks have automated their systems (Dust collector turns on and blast gate opens when the machine is turned on) and what might be recommended for a...
  18. bbrown

Research Triangle or Raleigh to Albemarle, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Rt. 29 corridor to Lynchburg

I bought a biscuit joiner from Anthony (agrieco) in Raleigh, near Crabtree Valley Mall (works at Research Triangle Park). This would save me a few hours of driving if anyone is coming to any of these above areas. I work in Albemarle, NC and commute up Rt. 29 to my home in Lynchburg, VA area...
  19. bbrown

WTB - Quiet compressor advice

Hello folks. I'm seeking advice for an "ultra-quiet compressor" for moderate to light duty: nailing, and blowing air mostly in my reproduction furniture shop. Not spraying or power sanding. The main feature I need is low noise, but also, of course, want reliability and something that will...
  20. bbrown

Excelsior lathe - sale at Rockler

Hello folks, Looking for some advice on this lathe: https://www.rockler.com/excelsior-mini-lathe?sid=V20603&utm_source=cordial&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20191220_B_D_Holiday-Sale-Last-Chance_V20603&mcID=922%3A5dfa80d5102e51222a116ba4%3Aot%3A5dbdbf6617295b2bb9cc7e00%3A1&linkID= Sale price...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors