Votes needed

bbrown

Bill
User
Hey folks,

I am entered in a contest at Horton Brasses. It's pretty competitive and the winners are determined by number of votes on their Facebook site and their Instagram site. The competition is run like a draw. So in the first round I am up against an pretty amazing tool chest.
To vote for me you need to just enter the number "2" in the comment section of the Facebook entry and the Instagram entry (both votes count!). You can vote at both places (counts as two votes) or just one, if you don't use IG or FB.

Here's the two sites......
1. (20+) Horton Brasses Inc. | Facebook My (William Brown) piece is the walnut serpentine chest of drawers. Be sure to vote in the comments and just say "2".
2. Horton Brasses (@hortonbrasses) • Instagram photos and videos It's the first post on Instagram. Click on the pic of the tool chest and I am the second pic in that post under William Brown.

The chest has some nice scroll work, block feet, and serpentine sides which are not pictured too well at the Horton sites. Here's a slightly better photo I should have sent them.

Alton chest 2.jpg

I also wrote an article on the making of the veneered serpentine drawer fronts in the recent "American Period Furniture" annual magazine put out by SAPFM (Society of Period Furn. Makers).

Thanks for going to the trouble folks.
BTW, this is the first round, so I'll probably be bugging y'all again if I make it past round one!

-Bill

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Gorgeous piece...beautiful craftsmanship! Based on what I see, your entry should be extremely competitive!

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
That’s a beautiful chest Bill, congratulations on the SAPFM Journal article. I would guess those are Londonderry brasses sold by Horton?

bbrown

Bill
User
Thanks so much for going to all the trouble guys. The contest seems to be more about who has the most FaceBook friends :) I'm not much for social media, so it's a bit of a challenge for me. I'll let y'all know what happens. If I get through round 1, I will make another post (for Round 2 votes, which is the semi-finals I think).

God bless,

--Bill

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Wow! what a beautiful piece. You have my vote and also my thanks. I bought from Horton Brass years ago and was trying to remember their name yesterday.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS