creating the cant

7. picture of my m12v mounted

picture of my m12v mounted

8. shot of fence and phenolic insert

shot of fence and phenolic insert

9. router table

router table

10. F

Should have listened to NewWoodworker.com...

Hey everyone...I know...no pics it didn't happen, but I traveled to Asheville today and eventually (after getting turned around about 5 times) met up with Dan Cambell at his gourgeous home off the Blue Ridge Parkway. He let me borrow his extra tickets to the 22nd Annual Arts and Crafts Expo at...
  11. F

Should have listened to NewWoodworker.com...

:kamahlituOk guys...I give up. I am in need of someone who can help me find a dedicated mortiser at a good price...or knows the secret to getting those mortising attachments to do anything more than ruin your life. I tested the waters when I found a good deal on the Delta kit. I even have the...
  12. F

Cherry $1.35bf 1250 available

I am in winston and would snag 100-200 bd. ft. Let me know if you guys when the tally gets high enough and when/how we could divide stuff up. This guy will flip when 15 pickups show up and throw wads of cash at his feet.
  13. F

Melamine help

Hey Splint, Not trying to hijack this thread or anything...but I have the same saw and am interested in building a similar outfeed setup as you have. But I also have another question: I just switched to the powertwist belt like you...how did you know how tight to make it? I kinda tried to...
  14. F

Such a thing as a quiet(er) air compressor?

X2 about the small C02 paintball tanks. I read the same article. It must have been in fine woodworking or something. I don't recall the exact stat, but it was impressive. Something like you can fire hundreds of brads on a tank, and it costs like $5 to refill the tank at a hobby shop. The...
  15. F

Workshop power problem!

Thanks guys. If it helps, I think this is the breaker I bought: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100002959&N=10000003+90282 It would seem that the breaker itself is faulty, though it still doesn't make sense...
  16. F

Workshop power problem!

Update: I went ahead and tried the GFCI outlet in my bathroom. No problems. I ran it through all variable speed settings as well. Running a router in the bathroom....first time for everything...
  17. F

Workshop power problem!

All, Here I go again with a ridiculous question but... I installed a dedicated shop circuit in my breaker box. Following what I thought were building code rules, I installed a 20-amp GFCI circuit breaker so I would not have to put in GFCI outlets everywhere. Everything worked great for a...
  18. F

Jet 6" Jointer Questions

I was only going to take the cutterhead out because it seemed difficult to get a brush or cleaner on the head with such a narrow slow in the bed. It isn't a necessity, but I also wanted to be up close and personal with the knives and plates and screws and springs as I toyed around with...
  19. F

Jet 6" Jointer Questions

Hey guys, I have an older Jet jointer I am working on cleaning up. I started by getting some new Freud knives for it (found them cheap on Amazon and they had better reviews than the Jet ones). Next I went to install the new knives and discovered that 2/12 screws holding the cutterhead...
  20. F

Tool lot on CL

Yea, I agree...it could be high...I was only assuming that because the drill press was nice and semi-expensive that the table saw, miter saw and other items would be as well. My guess was that they just pick a round number sub 2k. Maybe I will call again tomorrow, or ask to get some...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS