Search results

1. smitty49

Late Christmas Project Completed

Well it seems I've been on this project for so long that I didn't think I'd ever finish it but we're only 4 weeks behind. the LOML was well pleased with her belated gift and I glad it's finally finished. the finish is two coats of Tung oil rubbed in then rubbed with a white finish synthetic pad...
  2. smitty49

Many Thanks

I wanted to stop by and thank everyone ( Especially Bruce for the Article he sent me) for the help on my quest for constructing the Goose neck molding on the secretary project and give you an update. Although the construction is complete, the finishing is yet to be done but we did give the LOML...
  3. smitty49

Custom Work Referral

Good Evening Everyone, i received an E-Mail from a person in Morehead, NC asking me if I could do some turning for him- See E-Mail Below: [Hello I'm in need of a simple wood turning job . I will appreaciate if you could call me . Gus de Martino Morehead City NC 252 240-3233...
  4. smitty49

Secretary Project Help

I've not been as active as I should here but I we've been busy with a project and time has slipped away from us but I've got a question on my current project that maybe someone has run into. I'm working on a Secretary desk and have gotten to the Pediment Molding and need some ideas as to how...
  5. smitty49

Dust collection and the Router

I know there are many of us out there that cringe when we think of routing something just for the fact of the dust and shavings thrown by the router, I HATE SWEEPING. SO, While I was setting up my router for some Drawer dovetail work I thought I'd show some of you a little jig I use for...
  6. smitty49

A little Nastalgia

I haven't posted here much lately but I recen;t completed a project that I started several months ago. It was a simple project of restoration but in the making of the joints for the seatnback and top I had a serious saw injury so it's been on standstill til now. It's going to be a present for...
  7. smitty49

Slipping IN to Say HI !!

Just got around to finding where I am and where I'm suppose to be as a newcomer. Been transplanted here through Steve Cole and sure am Glad ( Thanks Steve) . I've visited the site many times in the past but was always reluctant in signing up since I'm not a NC resident but this opportunity is...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS