Search results

1. woodydiver

Help repairing wood damage in rv

Hello every one, Hope you all are ok, havent posted in a while. I am trying to repair some water damage to the outside of my camper. It looks like it had 1/8" luan glued between the outer fiberglass panel and the inner wall. In the water damaged area the plywood has completely separated and...
  2. woodydiver

Post vs Pier

Hello all, Just though i would ask what experience, concerns or opinions are on treated posts vs. concrete piers. Wood wrangler and i are looking at building additions to our houses and both rooms will be 16' long by 12' wide. Part of the problem is that the areas we are both building on arent...
  3. woodydiver

woo hoooo new forum

hello all, wanted to be like dave and bas, need to boost post count. but i have a long way to go. hey and i am the first. :lol: have a great day all.
  4. woodydiver

looking for used 80 gal air tank

Hello all, if any one happens to come across a good vertical or horizontal Air tank with the motor/compressor plate. i have a motor and compressor just need a larger tank for it. a 80 gallon would be good , but ill take anything from 60gal to 120 gal. just email me if you come up with...
  5. woodydiver

Drying red oak

Hello all, This maybe directed to the wood suppliers, but i have a question about finishing off some red oak i have been air drying. I tested the stack last night with a mini-lingo moisture meter, and got several readings from 14 to 15 % with the wood type at 2, and ambient temp at 70deg f. i...
  6. woodydiver

Dust collector Help?

Hello all, I am looking for a good dust collector between 200 and $400. i dont have one right now and would like to get some suggestions on brands and types. i have some 5" metal ducting i can use, and will keep the flex tubing to a min. I know for the budget i have set i will only be able...
  7. woodydiver

Help on finishing window trim

I am installing some new windows in the house and i am going to finish the trim on the inside with some red oak. I am looking for suggestions on what would be a good top coat for the wood to protect it from moisture and uv (fading).
  8. woodydiver

looking for new table saw

Hello all, i am looking to upgrade my table saw. i currently have a delta ts350 (direct drive 1 hp). it does ok with the plywood and thin hardwoods but it boggs down oh the thicker hardwoods. Looking for some recomendations on a table saw around $500. Has anyone used the delta 36-979? It is a...
  9. woodydiver

thank you NCWW

Hello all, I just wanted to say thanks to all the people that helped with the NCWW booth at the show in Hickory. the food was great and it was nice to meet some of the other members. I also what to thank Dave and the others for the demonstrations. I cant wait till next year.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
  10. woodydiver

foundation questions

is anyone have any experience on digging and pouring a foundation. i am building a 24 by 28 foot gargage/workshop. I am pretty sure on how i want to do the walls and trusses, but any help with the concrete and footers would be greatly appreciated.
  11. woodydiver

help black bugs on wood

i recently purchased some fresh cut red oak, while i was stacking the wood i noticed some black bugs (like ants) on the wood. I noticed some holes bored in the wood and some of the knots were chewed on. I would know how to kill the buggs, can i fog them or spray the wood without ruining the...
  12. woodydiver

Massive Wood Clearing!!!

I cant believe all the woods that charlotte is clearing. They are wiping out all sorts of wood all around the airport, just mowing them down and putting them in big piles. Lots of housing additions, medical buildings and other reasons. Hundreds of acres are being decimated, it seams so wasteful...
  13. woodydiver

Wood suggestions for outdoor bbq?

Hello all, i am looking for suggestions on what wood to use on the side tables for my outdoor bbq. i know that teak would probably hold up but a little too expensive for me. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. also any suggestions on what finish for the wood would be good too...
  14. woodydiver

what wood to use?

Hello all, i am still pretty green on woodworking and I am looking for suggestions on a good book or website that goes over each wood type and what there uses strengths and weaknesses are. I have only used ash, red oak, and some pine. i will primarily be building bookcases, entertainment center...
  15. woodydiver

color matching stain pt.2

Hello all, i have posted a couple if pics of the bookcase i am working on and the bed rail i am trying to match. I put a base coat of oil based stain (ipswich pine) and was looking for some pointers on what type of sealer i should use. it is going in my daughters bedroom. i read a couple of...
  16. woodydiver

Color matching Stain

Hello, I built a book case out of select pine and hardwood plywood. It is my first attempt at a complete book case. it hasent turned out too bad. Now i am trying to match the color to an existing bed frame. I believe the existing furniture was finished with a polyshade finish over pine. I didnt...
  17. woodydiver

Hello from South carolina

Hello all, I am happy to join the forum, i hope to learn as much as possible. I learned about the forum from john richards. He was at my company for some business, and told me about jsr woodworking and the forum. I am a beginner in woodworking. I have built a couple of bookshelves, a router...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS