Search results

1. Makinsawdust

I Need CNC/CR work done

Does anyone in the Charlotte area have a small CNC or Carvewright machine. I need to hire someone to do some relief carved 2" numbers in western red cedar. I'm still in the process of getting all the details of the job but with what I know at the moment it would be (6) boards with 3-5 numbers...
  2. Makinsawdust

Tormek Users, Educate Me

My wife says she will buy me a machine to sharpen her scissors and kitchen knives. Now let me qualify that by telling you that she sews hundreds of costumes a year. She has a dozen or so pairs of scissors so a quality machine that will do the job quickly and without a lot of fuss is what I'm...
  3. Makinsawdust

Is it just my BORG?

I'm just wondering if this is common place now at the Big Orange Box? I needed some PT lumber for my job tomorrow and made a special trip to the BORG to get it tonight. I parked under the cover on the contractor end, grabbed a buggy, walked to the door and it didn't open.:BangHead: It was...
  4. Makinsawdust

Lazy Daze

I'll be selling my wood stuff at the Lazy Daze Art and Craft Festival in Cary this Saturday. If any of you greater Raleigh folks make it to the show, stop by and visit. I'll be in booth A060 near the intersection of E. Chatham and Walker St. Weatherman says it's going to be a good day for a...
  5. Makinsawdust

Designed and built my first portabottiglie

This past week I've been working on this portabottiglie, also known around here as a wine rack. This was requested by an artist friend a few months ago with the design completely left up to me. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I just couldn't bring myself to make a plain...
  6. Makinsawdust

CLT CL Griz Cabinet Saw $500

Here's the link.
  7. Makinsawdust

August 22nd Lazy Daze in Cary

Just a reminder for all you Raleigh-Durham-Triangle folks. Next Saturday, 9-5pm, many woodworkers and yours truly will be taking part in the Lazy Daze Art and Craft Festival in Cary. For more info. go to: http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/events/lazydaze/lazydazehome.htm Below is a list...
  8. Makinsawdust

New shop addition (good deal gloat)

I been wanting to add a cabinet under my Cab Saw for a long time. I seem to never have had the time or will to make one. I was browsing the big blue box on Thursday and found a 10 piece box of cabinet pulls for $12 on the clearance table. Then I preceded on back in the store and found a...
  9. Makinsawdust

Jet 3hp Cyclone $750 new

Here's the link: http://www.cpojettools.com/products/708654k.html?ref=cj I've not been pricing these things lately but this price seem real good based on my memory. Rob
  10. Makinsawdust

Auction in Locust

Classic Auctions in Locust is doing a wood shop among other things, on Feb. 14th at 10am. There's a Jet TS, Jet 1442 lathe, Rikon bandsaw, Jet 15" planer and lots more stuff. Here's the link to it on their site: http://www.classicauctions.com/auctions/2009/02-14-09/index.php I have no...
  11. Makinsawdust

PLEASE READ - CPSIA Act of 2008 affects ww'er's

I just learned of the CPSIA Act of 2008 via an e-mail from Craftlister.com this morning. It seems that a law will take effect on Feb 10 that concerns any one making and selling items for children 12 and under. This law is a result of the lead in toys from China thing about a year ago. Makers...
  12. Makinsawdust

From barn to box

About a week or so before Christmas I had a customer bring me a old gray barn board and ask me to make him two boxes from it if I could. The board was from a barn on the old family farm down around Dillon, SC. He wanted the boxes for some of his father or grandfather's war medals that he was...
  13. Makinsawdust

Freud forestner bits at Lowes

I happened into Lowes on my way home from the shop this afternoon and found them clearing out the Austrian made Freud forestner bits. They were marked down 75-80% off. I got what would have been $193.38 of bits for just under $40 and a $10 off my next $50 purchase. (I know, no pics didn't...
  14. Makinsawdust

Woodcraft Bessey Deal

Here's a good deal on (4) 40" Bessey K-body clamps. http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=03W67K&FamilyID=315
  15. Makinsawdust

Clamp Deal

A customer of mine who happens to be a PR person at Irwin Tools just e-mailed me an order. She mentioned in the e-mail that they are having a clamp special at Sears that involves a set of (4) 6" QUICK-GRIP clamps for $14.99. I thought some of you might want to take advantage of the deal. Rob
  16. Makinsawdust

? for Forrest Blade Users

I'm re-evaluating my current saw blade usage, brand, and sharpening service. I'm curious what the total cost of sending Forrest blades back in for sharpening runs? If you WWII users would share what the cost is including shipping I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Rob
  17. Makinsawdust

Today's Crawl

Hey Crawler's How did the Raleigh Area Shop Crawl go? What did you learn? What worked well and what would you do differ next time? I'd love to get one going sometime down in this area so that's why I ask. Waiting to hear the stories! Rob
  18. Makinsawdust

Where's the gloats?

:eusa_thin Here it is almost 7pm. I log on to see all the gloats from todays haul from the Woodcraft and Klingspor sales and see none. I know you guys had an attack of WGD, so own up. I know you are all out in the shop taking pic's of the loot! Rob BTW, I didn't go to either store so no...
  19. Makinsawdust

Cabinet Saws 4 sale

I found three single phase cabinet saws and though some of you might be interested in them. A couple are just a few years old. They are just west of Gastonia. http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg=details&id=10915 Rob
  20. Makinsawdust

Father Son Project

Here's one of the things my son and I have been working on since about mid-day Tuesday. A small, 4 person (30"x60") dinning table for his girl friend's college apartment. It's all made of ambrosia maple. The undercarriage is just tinted heavier than the top. All mortise and tenon joinery. We got...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors