Oneway Talon Chuck Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Well now..let me take a moment and show my ignorance.

Since I have only wanted to turn a bowl..but have not actually done one yet, you are saying that this is a good bowl turner?

Would this be considered entry level that I will want to upgrade at some point or is this one that can go with me for some time?

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
You can turn a bowl without using a chuck by using a face plate or a worm screw. However, it is much easier with a chuck. The Talon is not just an entry level chuck. It is not something you will outgrow quickly. This is an excellent price for an excellent chuck that will last you many years..

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
OK..you talked me into it.
I just ordered one.
[banana]Let the broken wood bowls start flying.[/banana]

In order to start off correctly, be sure to get and USE a face shield. I had a bowl come off once and would have had a broken nose, injured eye, and a lot of expensive dental work had I not been using the face shield.

lottathought

New User
Michael
In order to start off correctly, be sure to get and USE a face shield. I had a bowl come off once and would have had a broken nose, injured eye, and a lot of expensive dental work had I not been using the face shield.

I had not thought of that but I see your point.
That is actually some very good advice I plan to use.

I had a little mishap when working on my car this spring that has led to a new appreciation for the safety rules.

I have an older Bimmer convertible.
If you know anything about these cars, you know that they have caps you can take out to insert the jack..or bar ....to raise the car with.
I had a jack plate that was designed to be used on this car with a floor jack.

Now, I usually have a habit of also using jack stands...but sometimes don't. :no:

Well....I had it jacked up and was pondering if I wanted to mess with the jack stands....I decided it would be a good idea this time and went to get them.
BAMMM!!!!
I went back and saw the jack plate had failed. It was now bent in a 90 degree angle and the car was back on the ground.
The car was not hurt but if I had been under it....well, that would have been it.

I do not know why the jack plate failed. It was being used the right way and, like I said before, it was designed for this job.
I had used it a dozen times before without issue.
I will not be taking any more shortcuts anytime soon though.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I had not thought of that but I see your point.
That is actually some very good advice I plan to use.

I had a little mishap when working on my car this spring that has led to a new appreciation for the safety rules.

After almost amputating my thumb on my ts last October, I too, have a better appreciation for safety. I try to think about every move I make, in advance, when using one of my tools., It is easy to have a lapse in concentration that will result in a life changing injury. I still have my thumb but it doesn't work like it once did. I'm not complaining because if the cut had been just a fraction deeper, it would be gone.

bluthart

New User
Brian

I found a new sport the other day too... I call it bowl catching... with your face! My sacrificial piece that I glued up wasn't dry and it broke free and caught me right between the eyes. We were leaving for Disney World the next day and almost had to postpone, as I was pretty sure I had a concussion, laceration, and quite a headache! I will be buying one of these chucks as well.
(I know what caused the injuries, but how the heck did I get SO ugly?!)

:rotflm:
Face_bowl_053.jpg

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Sorry you had the mishap Brian. I guess if your not wearing the face shield then you should be standing clear of the "arc of death". I admit to taking off the face shield after roughing, but your reminder might have me keeping it on for longer.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I found a new sport the other day too... I call it bowl catching... with your face! My sacrificial piece that I glued up wasn't dry and it broke free and caught me right between the eyes. We were leaving for Disney World the next day and almost had to postpone, as I was pretty sure I had a concussion, laceration, and quite a headache! I will be buying one of these chucks as well.
(I know what caused the injuries, but how the heck did I get SO ugly?!)

:rotflm:
Face_bowl_053.jpg

Sounds like a real Micky Mouse setup to me...
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

bluthart

New User
Brian
I got my chuck in the mail today! My wife was a little upset with me at first, but I explained to her that this would be a great way for me to "save face!" She understood...:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS