Foothills Craftsmen

Foothills Craftsmen Group Good Idea or Bad Idea?

• Yes, I would be interested

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No, Im too busy making stuff

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

I'd like to drive down for the day just to see Kyle's place and all that real live wood he cuts!

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I think that sounds like a great idea So I will be there also. If the weather is bad say rain, will you still have it?

Badabing

New User
Joe
Hi Kyle!
I'm new here but I'd love to join in on the 16th. It'd be a great chance to meet some people and learn something too :eusa_clap How long a drive from Charlotte is it to your mill? I'm in South Charlotte and I'd be happy to give someone a ride from the area if needed.

Here's a couple of things I'd like to learn about at future meetings:
- tuning a hand plane (like a beat up one from a flee market)
- beginners woodturning stuff
- finishing tips

Thanks for hosting everyone at your mill too!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hi Kyle!
I'm new here but I'd love to join in on the 16th. It'd be a great chance to meet some people and learn something too :eusa_clap How long a drive from Charlotte is it to your mill? I'm in South Charlotte and I'd be happy to give someone a ride from the area if needed.

Here's a couple of things I'd like to learn about at future meetings:
- tuning a hand plane (like a beat up one from a flee market)
- beginners woodturning stuff
- finishing tips

Thanks for hosting everyone at your mill too!

Hey Joe, I'm between Pineville and Matthews. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Kyle's. I'll probably tow my trailer up there, you know, just in case there's some nice wood up there!:lol:

(FYI, Kyle has a lot of really NICE lumber!)

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Hey Joe, I'm between Pineville and Matthews. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to Kyle's. I'll probably tow my trailer up there, you know, just in case there's some nice wood up there!:lol:

(FYI, Kyle has a lot of really NICE lumber!)

[mouse]And he has LOTS of NICE lumber!!!!!!! [/mouse]

Badabing

New User
Joe
Hey Ed, we're practically neighbors! Wanna meet somewhere nearby and caravan? I've never been there before and it might help to follow someone who knows where they're going! Let me know...maybe we can even grab some lunch first and chat a bit.

cskipper

Cathy
If I come I will bring your spoon knife and some wood.

Heard from B?

She finished all her treatments and is discovering that it's taking a little longer to bounce back than she expected. She has kept a good attitude throughout which has undoubtedly helped a lot.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Kyle-
I'll be there - what an awesome opportunity --Thanks!!

Also, all of those in and around Charlotte- anybody interested in a group carpool. I'm here in Southpark near Tyvola Rd. I can take up to 2 comfortably or up to 4 if we have any elves that wouldn't mind sitting in the back of a VW GTI. Let me know, can't wait to see everybody.
--Mike M.

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps!

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Looks like about 15-17 people will show december 16

Time is 1-3 for sawing , stickering, show the kiln and final product.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Hey Ed, we're practically neighbors! Wanna meet somewhere nearby and caravan? I've never been there before and it might help to follow someone who knows where they're going! Let me know...maybe we can even grab some lunch first and chat a bit.

If you guys carpool and there is room for me I'd like to hitch a ride!

Badabing

New User
Joe
I think we should all carpool. I have room for three others in my Pacifica. I could fit more but we may need the cargo space for wood :eusa_danc

Let's meet at a convenient location and all go from there. I'm thinking someplace near I-77 is probably best because it's on the way for all of us, I believe. Is that good?

I'm open to suggestion so if someone has an idea, let's hear it! We can plan on an early lunch/late breakfast too. If so, we should meet around 10:30/11am so we have time to eat and then drive to the saw mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS