Finish sanding small pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I was using my 5" ROS to finish a large box last night and had the thought that a smaller box would be almost impossible to sand this way. I had read of using an inverted 1/4 sheet ROS finish sander, seems like a good idea. :dontknow:

Just curious how some of you do it???

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
By finish sanding I assume you mean the fine grits (180+) of sanding wood. In that case I have both used an inverted and clamped to the bench hand held sander, as well as a stationary belt or disk sander (when I have the fine grits for the stationary machine).

If you mean sanding the top coat when you write 'finish sanding' then the answer is - by hand.

The forum you have chosen makes me think the latter, but the actual question makes me think the former.

Henry

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I use a sanding mop for small projects. Klingspor has the kits and also the instructions for build-your-own.
sanding_mops.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have full sheets glued to aluminum plates that i use to sand small parts. I clean them often with a gum stick or a wadded up rag.

I find it much easier to sand by sliding the object on a flat surface rather than trying to hold a machine over the object.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
By hand if really small, or with a sanding block if large enough to be effective.

Dave:)

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
I was using my 5" ROS to finish a large box last night and had the thought that a smaller box would be almost impossible to sand this way. I had read of using an inverted 1/4 sheet ROS finish sander, seems like a good idea. :dontknow:

Just curious how some of you do it???

How small is SMALLER? :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS