A bit more on corporate membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
Since I know from past experience, that most have not and will not really read the bylaws and promotions policy:rotflm:, I thought that I would to try to explain something that may eventually come up.

A corporate membership starts at the time that ALL requirements are met and expires 183 days later. On expiration, the program will start checking again to see if you are still qualified. If you are then, your membership is automatically extended for another 183 days.

Where some confusion may occur is in the cases where qualifications are changed in the middle of your current membership period. Assume that the board changes the visit rate from from 3 to 4, but you rate is 3. Do you loose your membership? NO. But when your membership expires, if your rate is not up to 4, then your membership will not be renewed.

I used visit rate just as example. I have no idea what future boards might do.

But there is one qualification that has not been mentioned, DUES :elvis: :elvis: What dues?:kamahlitu:kamahlitu

Technically there are dues requirements, but they have been set to $0. So you all are current:gar-La;

Dues has been a subject of some controversey amongst the board and the staff, since we first discussed it last Sept. I know that I have changed my mind several times from high dues to low dues to NO dues. No dues is where I hope it will stay. But since I will NOT be a member of the board after June 30, I won't have much say. The next board may decide to have dues.

So just as in my example using visit rates, if the Board decides to charge $25, you wouldn't need to pay it until your current membership expires.

What is the difference between a donation and a dues payment? A donation gets you exactly NOTHING except a warm and fuzzy feeling:gar-La;
A dues payment helps get you a corporate membership and the right to vote.

If you make a donation, will it count against Membership dues NO.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Since most of us won't read the rules, or the fine print...I will toss out the idea of reminders via PM. :new_blowi

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I read the bylaws and have a headache :gar-La;, I'd probably have to read them 3 more times to comprehend them, because you have to go to reference points back and forth. The look like they were written by a lawyer:rotflm:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS