zero clearance insert for Rigid TS 3612 table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragtimeman

New User
John
Does anyone know where I can find a zero clearance insert for my Rigid TS3612 table saw?

When I originally bought my zero clearance insert, it was an AC1035. It shattered a few days ago for no reason that I can see, except that it must have been vibrating during use.

Now, though, the only thing I can find now is an AC1045, which fits the Rigid TS3650 and TS2400LS, and the difference is that this new one has a plastic ridge all around the outside. I suppose I can machine that down somehow, but I'd rather find a replacement for the original if it is available. If it wasn't for that ridge, it seems it would fit fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Johin

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Glue the old one back together and use is as a template to make one out of wood.
James

Ragtimeman

New User
John
Thanks for the help.

I tried calling the Rigid accesories phone number on the link below. The do have the part, and have over 500 of them in stock. The kicker is that they want $86.10 + $15 shipping for a total of $101.10 for a plastic zero clearance insert! No wonder they have so many!

I've brought the AC1045, that I paid around $15 for, to work, where I'm hoping our machine shop can machine down the outer ridge to the right dimension to fit my saw.

I'll let you know if it is successful.

John

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
the Leecraft zci for your saw is a CR1 and is available from Leecraft on line for $23.99. also, Woodcraft handles the Leecraft line. I do not know what the Woodcraft part number is, but the should be able to help you with Leecrafts part number CR1 .or the model number of your saw.
Hope this helps
James

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
John,

I'd also vote for making your own. It will save you money in the long run, work just as well, and you can have a custom ZCI insert for each blade and/or setup you use on your saw.

The Woodsmith Shop has a good, free, downloadable plan if you're interested. You can go here: http://www.woodsmithshop.com/episodes/downloads/. The ZCI plan is listed under Season 3, episode 313. You have to give them your email address for their weekly tip email but you can always unsubscribe later. Personally I've found the weekly tips to be helpful and there are a TON of great plans, tips, projects listed at the above site you can download for free.

EDIT: Just realize the ZCI link was for a video tip. Still, worth watching, you don't really need a plan.....

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS