Yuengling Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
So I decided to mess around with some Modge Podge and CA finish with a Yuengling bottle sticker. It did pretty good. I am very interested in looking into this further. Sorry for the horrible picture I really didn't feel like going back into the shop and setting up the tent. Plus this thing is on an old kit that the plating has come off in case it ended up looking like crap.

IMG_3205_1024x765.JPG

View image in gallery

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
All Right!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc I Like Yuengling!! (Of course, I never write while drinking! Typing on a keyboard? Gotta admit I have done that!:embarrassed:)

Go

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Gee, where did you come buy a lable :p

Looks great, and a really neat idea!

Jim

Jim,

Um I uh I don't... Actually I have had that particular label for a long time. Yuengling was one of my preferred beverages for a while. I very rarely have one now.

This was more or less practice for doing the same type of thing but with Cigar Bands. One thing I did learn is that I need a couple more layers of the modge podge before I start with the CA. I was a little thin in a couple of areas and wore off some of the label when applying the CA. Oh well. That's why I used this old label. I am very surprised how well this actually did. I'm sure I can find some other cool stuff to do this with. Anyone got any ideas?

sawduster

New User
Robert
Jim,

Um I uh I don't... Actually I have had that particular label for a long time. Yuengling was one of my preferred beverages for a while. I very rarely have one now.

This was more or less practice for doing the same type of thing but with Cigar Bands. One thing I did learn is that I need a couple more layers of the modge podge before I start with the CA. I was a little thin in a couple of areas and wore off some of the label when applying the CA. Oh well. That's why I used this old label. I am very surprised how well this actually did. I'm sure I can find some other cool stuff to do this with. Anyone got any ideas?

Stamps :icon_thum

blkdog09

New User
Chris
Growing up 40 minutes from the brewery, and seeing that I was weened on the stuff.......I give it a big thumbs up!!!!:eek:ccasion1

Now if I could only find Lord Chesterfield Ale down in these parts...........

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
So now I can buy beer as an investment in materials! haha great idea.

and possibly write it off on your taxes... :eusa_thin

Man, at that rate, I'd never have to pay taxes again. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Kevin, that's a sweet looking pen. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up How do you all do this stuff with the CA glue? Do you just gob in on top of the stuff and let it dry, then turn it? :icon_scra

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
and possibly write it off on your taxes... :eusa_thin

Man, at that rate, I'd never have to pay taxes again. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Kevin, that's a sweet looking pen. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up How do you all do this stuff with the CA glue? Do you just gob in on top of the stuff and let it dry, then turn it? :icon_scra

Trent on this one I just slathered on some of the modge podge and let that dry. It gives you a clear protective coat although I needed to have used more, once that is dry then I just put on the CA like I was finished a regular pen but I put about 12 coats on it and then I just sanded it with MM and then used plastic polish.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
What on earth is "Modge Podge"?????

Essentially it is white glue.. You use it for decoupage. You just put it on top of what you want to coat and it creates a clear protective layer. The stuff I had specifically is there Puzzle Saver product. I am assuming it is the same thing as there bigger bottles just in a small squeezable bottle. It works pretty well.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Essentially it is white glue.. You use it for decoupage. You just put it on top of what you want to coat and it creates a clear protective layer. The stuff I had specifically is there Puzzle Saver product. I am assuming it is the same thing as there bigger bottles just in a small squeezable bottle. It works pretty well.

Kevin does the MP level out or did you have to sand it before putting on the CA ?

DavidF

New User
David

"Ah, I see said Poo, who didn't really see at all":rotflm:

Great idea, love the pen. I assume the base blank could be anything, a store bought dowel even?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Kevin does the MP level out or did you have to sand it before putting on the CA ?

It does a pretty good job of leveling out. I didn't sand it at all. I am going to try a heavier amount on the next one and see what difference that makes. The only thing I sanded was the CA after it was all setup..

David yea since you are covering up the blank you could use anything. The dowl is a good idea. The only real trick is turning the blank slightly lower than the bushings since you are going to add some thickness with the article you are going to cover plus the CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors