Working with an Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Well, an intriguing title anyway.

One of my bosses daughters was playing soccer indoors at a church and knocked over this resin angle statue. They trashed the base pieces, so no chance of gluing it back together. I was tasked with making a new base and charging the girls for my time and materials.

This is what I came up with, just a piece of maple routed and spray painted with a textured paint, which I really liked. The statue is hollow so I made a dam inside, formed a piece of mdf to fit loosely and poured epoxy around it. This gave me a solid block to screw the base to to hold the statue in place. That worked perfect. It is about $15 in materials and an hour labor ($35), this to help teach the girls about taking responsibility for their actions. I think it came out well.

angel_001.jpg

angel_003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I think it looks great Tom, the base color seems to go along real well with the angel.

Jimmy:)

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice rehab on the Angel, Tom. Hopefully the little angel that broke it will learn her lesson.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great recovery there, Tom!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc I really like what you did with the base! It almost looks like corian or something similar!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Another great save!!!!

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Tom! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap You charge $35/hr? 8-O Are you hiring? :yes:

Trent :)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's what he charges not what he pays!

I'm surprised the rest of the statue came through so well.

Looks great Tom.

T

toolferone

Even at $35. I am about half what a professional shop charges, so I don't feel too bad.

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Great job Tom...but I wonder what is really being learned in this lesson.
Boys learn to fix what they broke.
Tom's girls learn to get a boy to fix what they broke.

:rotflm:

jerrye

New User
Jerry

C'mon Will, would a lavender or rose colored base look right? With lace and Barbie accessories?:no:

T

toolferone

This is a commission job. They are not my kids, but my bosses kids, although I am sure my time is coming.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Tom, do you have a pic of the plate on the side of the base, which reads "Quality work at reasonable rates. Call Tom Ferone"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors