Woodsmith Shop on UNC TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
As a reminder for those in the triangle viewing area: UNC-TV will be broadcasting The Woodsmith Shop this fall, starting Sept. 24, at 3:30.

added Saturday: I just noticed that they are only broadcasting repeats from season 4 - probably cheaper. Maybe not a problem since most of us haven't seen any of them before, but just wanted to give a heads up.

Last edited:

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I am with Bruce, about time but, glad to see it. Have you seen a schedule for which times and stations?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hope they put it on their "Over-the-air" stations as well as the cable and satellite networks. I record on my PC from the over-the-air channels.

bwat

New User
Bill
Our local PBS station WTVI started airing The Woodsmith program to replace the New Yankee Workshop last year. It will be good to see some new episodes as the old have been repeated too many times.

If anyone finds a site to view or record the older shows of this and other woodworking show series let me know.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
And only after FIVE YEARS of programing!

I was searching for an alternate viewing time to record (since 3:30 will conflict with many football games!), I found that my guide says they are running an episode from 2010 on Tuesday, October 4th, at 4:30p. So perhaps we'll be able to catch all the older episodes?

When I say "they", I mean WUNC.

Last edited:

pviser

New User
paul
I am grateful for this heads up, but alas, it is a mixed blessing. Saturdays are my prime day of the week for getting deeply into my projects. It is often tough to leave my shop to eat a late lunch while watching a couple of woodworking shows. Now, because of the Woodsmith Shop, the battle for my Saturday time will be even more intense!

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I am grateful for this heads up, but alas, it is a mixed blessing. Saturdays are my prime day of the week for getting deeply into my projects. It is often tough to leave my shop to eat a late lunch while watching a couple of woodworking shows. Now, because of the Woodsmith Shop, the battle for my Saturday time will be even more intense!

Network schedules never match mine. If it wasn't for my DVR, I'm not sure I'd ever watch TV. :wsmile:

Slotman

New User
Roger
I have most of the shows recorded on DVD:wsmile:s. T just set my DVR up to record them whenever they came on, then transferred then onto DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors