Woodguy's Finishing Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Seven eager woodworkers took advantage of another of John Richard's (Woodguy1975) great classes as we descended on his shop in Hickory for an all day class on finishing. John had a thorough outline and covered the topic very well, demonstrating the proper choices for preparing the wood surfaces; staining, dying and sealing the surfaces; choosing the proper finish materials; masking blotching problems; grain filling; glazing; and rubbing out the results. We all had a chance to try different methods of applying finishes, including pad application of shellac, combining dyes to achieve proper colors and HVLP spraying. Here's a few pics to prove it happened -- Cathy Skipper even got a chance to try out John's rock-steady Hawk scroll saw (that's a hint, SS!). A great day and fun to meet new folks. More pics in my Photo Gallery under Finishes Category

The Master at Work! Skeeter & Tarhead Travis

Mary Jacques John Demos HVLP "Box"
A delighted CSkipper!

Rob

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks like you all had a great time. That last pic of Cathy is just priceless!!

b4man

New User
Barbara
I just get this feeling Cathy went to do more than hone her finishing techniques!:lol: :lol:

M

McRabbet

Yep, that way you don't see my ugly mug and gravity-challenged waistline ;-)

I do appear rarely -- Steve got me at the Klingspor get-together...

Rob

woodguy1975

New User
John
Great pics Rob!!!!!

I should have broke out my camera and got some pics of you as well. :) The pic of Cathy at the Hawk was priceless. Another NCwwer classic. LOL. I'm going to have to borrow some of those for my site. :)

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hey guys! I just got home from the Sat. class about an hour ago. Man, those hills sure slow you down. Anyway, I just wanted to say that anyone who has an opportunity to take one of John's classes should do so. It was really informative and I enjoyed the class and meeting other members!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS