Woodguy's Bandsaw Moving Party (Feb 10th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'm still in and I think Jeremy will be riding up with me.

pete

Great, come when you can. I have my helper showing up early to start tearing down the saw and start trying to move it into the shop. I hope to have it in the shop before 1 o'clock. :) Food will show up around 2 o'clock.

See ya,

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
I tried the 1 1/2 pvc on my Minimax. It flattened it, so had to go to steel pipe.

This saw only weights about 4 times the MM20

PVC wouldn't do it. :) I'll get some cast iron pipe if we need it, but so far so good. The saw is tarped for the night and I have a game plan.

See ya,

John

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
LOL!!!!!!! I have the saw in line with my doors so I can just feed it in. As long as it is no longer than 20 ft I can handle it. :) Just kiddin.

There probably won't be many big slabs sawn on the saw. My intent is to use it very similar to the way you use you 14" saw. Primarily making curved cuts. The beauty of the 36" is I have enough clearance to support my stock on the throat side of the blade instead of hanging it over the edge. Ok, ok, ok..... It is a hugh peice of american made iron that I just had to have for no other reason than that. :rolf::rolf::rolf: In fact I bought the saw hoping I could get it in the shop and figured it out after the fact how to make it happen. :slap::slap::slap: Lord help me if I ever have to move.

Eagle, you coming to eat BBQ and watch us struggle???

John
For the record.
I seem to recall reading that you figured the hard part would be done before everyon showed up at 1:00.
The BBQ waws to arrive at 2:00.
Seems liike a no brainer to me.
As much as I WOULD like to see you guys again, for me in this area of"NC" it is a 5 hour+ drive round trip and with gas around $2.00 a gallon plus some projects I have going on and the fact I am getting over a cold I am going to have to pass.
(besides you said there wasn't much in the Dumpster.)

Now if someone has a PC 690-3 Plunge (Or equivalent, It must be 1/2 " collet and use PC guide bushings)they would like to swap for a 12" Rigid CMS with a 12"pirannah blade thrown in:eusa_thin I might be able to convince my wife to let me swap vehicles.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
O.K. John after speaking with you I have to see this beast!
Anyone with an extra Router who needs a 12" miter saw I'll see you there.
I got first dibs on the dumpster though.

woodguy1975

New User
John
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/newreRe: Woodguy's Bandsaw Moving Party (Feb 10th)

Well Terry and I got started early tearing down the saw for it's entry into the shop.

normal_TeardownOutside.jpg

We started trying to bring the saw without trying to lay it flat, but quickly found it wasn't going to work...

normal_Failedattempt.jpg

We layed the saw down and then put the forks under the main part of the saw and the saw wedged itself nicely on the forks and Terry took the saw all the way into the shop right to where I wanted to have it for operation. About that time Jeremy and Peter showed up. We just grabbed it and stood it up by hand.

normal_sawinside2.jpg

The saw looks great. I have one brake pad broken on the top wheel brake, but that is no show stopper. I'll just brake the lower wheel. It will stop just fine. I can always get a new tab made and attached to the broken arm if I really am worried about it. I'm not. I'll probably add a dynamic brake.

normal_brokentopwheelbrake.jpg

Tires look great. Boy 36" looks big in person.

normal_tirecondition.jpg

Well after all this work it was time for a party and some BBQ!!!!!!!!

normal_markwife.jpg

normal_BSparty1.jpg

We had a great time. Thanks to Pete, Jon, and Jeremy for the help. Thanks to Terry and Steve, guys from work, for their help. I couldn't have gotten it in the shop without ya. Now it's time to strip and paint. :D It was great seeing Cathy, Eagle, Mark and his wife as well. I really enjoyed the party. We'll have to have a BS commencement party when I get it cleaned up and running for good. :)

Thanks,

John

M

McRabbet

Re: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/newreRe: Woodguy's Bandsaw Moving Party (Feb 10th)

Looks like a good time was had by all! The wheels are big, but I was a bit confused with the edge-on shot untill I realized it was completely covering the top of your Jet tablesaw! Can't wait to see that baby cranked up! Glad it was a safe day, as well as successful! Congratulations on finally getting a decent sized bandsaw in your shop ... and yes,

YOU SUCK! :lol: :eusa_clap :lol: :eusa_clap

Rob

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Re: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/newreRe: Woodguy's Bandsaw Moving Party (Feb 10th)

John, have you thought about bigger doors???

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That's the freaking biggest bandsaw I have ever seen in person ... holy smokes! 8-O

John - Thanks for inviting us up and for some awesome NC BBQ. Anytime I can get that kinda food for a little muscle ... shoot, I'm in! :eusa_danc

Pete - Thanks for the invite and ride! :icon_thum

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
how long will it take you to restore it and get to where you are using it?

Thanks for letting us come over. It was nice seeing your shop and it was good meeting you guys and girls

woodguy1975

New User
John
how long will it take you to restore it and get to where you are using it?

Thanks for letting us come over. It was nice seeing your shop and it was good meeting you guys and girls

It will take a month once I get dedicated to it. I want to get the settee finished and in a gallery before I switch myself off. After that I'll be building my bathroom and refurbishing the Moak. I probably will test the motor fairly soon though. It's always nice to know. :)

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
Thanks John and April.The hopitality was great as usual!
It was great putting a face to the names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors