Wine rack done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
So, doesn't hold a candle to the projects I see on here, but happy to get the first one in several years done.
Finished it up today putting the walnut back panel on and putting a final coat of Waterlox on.

Found a little under counter light and tried to see how it would look in it, and wife likes it so it stays.
wine rack-2-5517.jpg
wine rack with light-5530.jpg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
BS! Bob - that is REALLY nice - good job there!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Looks great to me and its functional to boot. The bottles even tip to keep the corks wet.

Great Job Man

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Found a little under counter light and tried to see how it would look in it, and wife likes it so it stays.

Nice job Mr McAlpine! No doubt, it's a keeper. BTW, is the Agave nectar for another project?

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
Any project, big or small, complicated or simple, that allows you to play in the shop and then come out with something to show for it is valid and worth while in my book!
Well done!

bguil

New User
beeg
When placing the rack, keep in mind that wine is sensitive to heat, light and temperature fluctuation.

Matt Furjanic

Matt
Senior User
Great job! I like the light, and you have inspiried me. My daughter has asked me to make a similar one, but I was going to do the insides with solid wood which would not allow the light to show through. Would like to see how you constructed the insides....

Cato

New User
Bob
Great job! I like the light, and you have inspiried me. My daughter has asked me to make a similar one, but I was going to do the insides with solid wood which would not allow the light to show through. Would like to see how you constructed the insides....

For Matt and Golfdad,
Here are a couple of closeups. Not everything a perfect fit, but I guess I could have done worse after a 3 year layoff from the shop. Cab exterior measures 30Hx16Wx13.25. I used my shortest wine bottle to determine lattice placement. All but the back was 3/4 in construction. Routed 3/8 on one lattice only, though you could go the extra step and have a flush fit. I liked the extra bottle support with just the one routed lattice. Face frame is 1.25 and shot the brads from the front lattice thru into the back of the face frame. Back lattice I had to toenail to the case. On the case I used a 3/4W by 3/8D half lap or rabbet on the long sides top and bottom to cover the top and bottom fit. Nothing fancy here as I am not that good at fancy and was still trying to find my way with every tool I touched!
wine rack-3-3510.jpg
wine rack-4-3518.jpg
wine rack-2-3509.jpg
Hope this helps Matt. I got my lattice dimensions from a site that sells them for at least $55/pair and the case dimensions I got off a picture and that showed 4" interior lattice spacing and a 17x29 lattice to fit a case that was 30x15x12, then I winged it from there. Hehe, I ought to change the nickname from Cato to jackleg or bootleg as I tend to adapt any picture or plan I see to what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS