Windsor Chair Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I spoke to Gill Milsap and he said he would be delighted to teach a class on Windsor Chair making. (John I think he wants to sign up for the Maloof style rocker class as well)

Gil makes BEAUTIFUL windsor chairs from scratch. He also has a wealth of knowledge of sources for those that don't want to build 100% by scratch but still want to build chairs.

The timeframe for the class would be later in the summer and class size is tbd.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Decisions... decisions..... start over in John's rocker class.... take the Windsor chair clas.... both???? Check the budget..... dry dust... Neither??? Don't like that a bit :-( :-( .

Seriously, I would love to hear some details on timing, logistics, cost, new tools that I get to buy, etc :cool: .

J

jeff...

I would be intersted in knowing more, location, price, time, etc... Thanks Kyle for the heads up advanced notice.

M

McRabbet

I'd be interested, too -- the Windsor is certainly one of the most classic chair designs and would be a marvelous skill to learn. Kyle, keep me on the contact list, please.

Rob

4yanks

New User
Willie
I too would be interested in taking the class. Please let us know when details such as dates, location and cost become available. Thanks.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'm pretty sure the plan will be for the classes to be held in my shop since I'm set up for teaching and have the space. I'm hoping to help Kyle book the class like any other class I offer. Basically treat it as Gill is a guest instructor. I'm looking forward to it myself. I probably could make one already, but it is always good to go through it the first time with an experienced person.

Speaking of... there are 2 spots left in the next rocker class. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS