Why I love NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott Smith's recent post reminded me of a post I have been meaning to do. Well back in August when the temps were in the mid 90's I posted an appeal for help moving my shop. In two hours we ate two dozen donuts, drank 10 bottles of water, had some great laughs, and got the job done. Yes here is the proof below.

My thanks again to Wayne, Bas, Trent, Gary, Rick, Steve, Matt,and Brad (Brad missed the picture part)

The Crew:

Friends:
The_friends.jpg

The laughs:
The_fun.jpg

The load:
The_load.jpg

All Done:
Done2.jpg

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Outstanding! Scott and Scott you both hit the mark with your posts!
I love this site as well. I can't imagine it not being here for us all to use and enjoy.
Of my the things I love is reading the introductions from new people stumbling across this site.
I remember thinking I WISH I'd know this place existed years ago!

When I found my way here. I felt truly welcomed. There was a vast wealth of knowledge and people ready and willing to share that knowledge.

Unlike another site I used to visit, there is a feeling of belonging here. The people truly are the site. Best of all the people here literally may be your neighbor, and the rest are genuinely ready to be your friend.

Harsh words are not status quo. No one is belittled for asking a question - even if that was just gone over the week before you got here. Our moderators and staff are always on the job. Sometimes things pop up, but it goes almost unnoticed. Thanks to the staff here and the great attitude and caring of the users here.

Nothing against any other site, but I've never heard of other wood working site's members getting together face to face - eating, working together, learning, visiting, actually building friendships while they pursue their common interest.

We have something special here!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
In two hours [STRIKE]we[/STRIKE] Matt ate two dozen donuts

Sorry, had to correct one thing. :rotflm:

That was a great morning indeed. :rolleyes: It sure was nice seeing everyone and Scott, I'd be happy to help you again ANY time. :icon_thum

Len

New User
Len
Sorry I missed it! Got hit with a last minute "watch the grandkids" request that morning.

Len

RickC

New User
Rick
Agree with the prior posts as well. Great site and great bunch of folks. The work done that morning seemed more like an excuse for a bunch of guys to get together and have a good time. :thumbs_up

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
To be honest, the first half hour was having a cup and a doughnut or two, then a half hour to load up, then the rest of the time, shmoozing.

But, a great time, none the less.

BTW, I took home a dozen, so I really only ate a dozen! :rotflm:

Would do again, in a hearbeat!

Matt

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That was a great morning, Scott! (Even though as I recall, Bas showed up well after we finished the heavy loading.:gar-La;)

Nice to see everyone and was glad that everything seemed to fit ok.

Hope that the unloading went as smooth up at the lake country.

Wayne

RickC

New User
Rick
That was a great morning, Scott! (Even though as I recall, Bas showed up well after we finished the heavy loading.:gar-La;)

Yeah - but he got there in time to help handle the awkward heavy 4/4 & 8/4 stuff Scott had found a way to fit above the garage door! It was a good time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS