Which ~12" drill press to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have looked at several on-line reviews as well as some posts an various forums and still need some guidance on which drill press to buy. I have looked at the Delta 300 and 350 series and seem to come across mixed reviews regarding the belt life and ease of adjustment. I have also read the post about the Rigid press that some Home Depots have on a clearance but unfortunately my HD is not one of them.

Which ~12" bench top drill press in the $250 range is a good value?

Thank

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure if it's 12" but look @ Ryobi VS w/ DRO @ HD. Got one last year & it's a super bench top drill. Under $200.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Lowes is clearing out some of their Delta tools. Drill presses are one on them. You may be able to get the manager to knock down the price on one as they still aren't too cheap. Someone here managed to get one for about $150.

Go

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Lowes is clearing out some of their Delta tools. Drill presses are one on them. You may be able to get the manager to knock down the price on one as they still aren't too cheap. Someone here managed to get one for about $150.

Go

FYI......

I talked briefly with a rep in the Apex Lowes "tool world" yesterday afternoon about any future price reductions on the Delta floor model. (It is currently still listed at $329) I asked him about the $150 price and he said that when they get the replacements in (Porter Cable), the Delta will probably drop dramatically, just to clear it out. I suspect that to be any day now, as the Cary Crossroads Lowes have now cleared their Delta and there is a new PC in its place. (The PC didn't look to me to be as strong as the older Delta model.)

Wayne

Wayne

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
FYI......

I talked briefly with a rep in the Apex Lowes "tool world" yesterday afternoon about any future price reductions on the Delta floor model. (It is currently still listed at $329) I asked him about the $150 price and he said that when they get the replacements in (Porter Cable), the Delta will probably drop dramatically, just to clear it out. I suspect that to be any day now, as the Cary Crossroads Lowes have now cleared their Delta and there is a new PC in its place. (The PC didn't look to me to be as strong as the older Delta model.)

Wayne

Wayne

I picked one up at the Apex Lowes yesterday for $150 with no problems. I think for woodworking the Delta machine is going to be better than the PC if only due to the much larget work area on the table.

Thanks folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS