What is Your Dream Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Ditto the bigger shop, but I will add that it needs to be filled with tools, not clutter like my small shop is now.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Now if you are counting the shop as a tool then a bigger shop would be #1 priority - the tools I have now would be just fine if I could get the bigger shop

bwat

New User
Bill
I wish for the "tool" of "knowledge" of how to best use what I have already.:widea:

I am blessed with most all the tools I need, I just need to learn how to use them better.

And a clock that will stand still long enough for me to get shop time in a new larger shop?!?!?:eusa_danc

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I really liked that shaper with the sliding table attached that was at the Greensboro show. That would go on the list of way too expensive but wish I could have items.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Great question...I have to say I agree with most everyone here about the larger shop, more time, more knowledge, etc.

But just in case the tool fairy reads this thread...I'm pretty happy with what I have and I make do but I have really been wanting a Powermatic lathe (model #3520) and a Powermatic floorstanding drill press with all the bells and whistles. That's all for now :mrgreen:

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
A Sawstop CS or a Clearvue and the required ducting. Probably the Clearvue first, since I can avoid putting my finger in the blade but can't avoid breathing.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
A rich and devoted companion that loves the smell...

of wood and finish. Or least one that spends her own money and not mine. One that is smart and looks great dressed up and also in a shop work suit. One that can help lift all of the new tools out of the trailer, after buying them, and then fix us a nice glass of lemonade. One that makes it so I never have to think about what next tool do I want, because I can have anything I want.

:tool:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well, there is only one tool that goes right to the top of my power tool list.

Original Saw Company 3559 22" Super Duty Radial Arm Saw with 7 1/2hp 3 phase motor.

SuperDutyLg.jpg

I can dream....

Jim

Jim - you're welcome to stop by and use mine any time...

Dave - you crack me up! :rotflm:

I'll have to think about what would be the ultimate tool to have on the wish list... Hmmm......

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I think that I'd have to say a high end CNC router - coupled with the expertise to be able to fully program and utilize it!

DaveD

New User
Dave
5 axis machining center or a water jet. If I have to take 3rd prize it would be a CNC router table.

If the tooth fairy gave me the tools I'd figure out how to get the big shop. A big shop without the tools is just a big hole and then you have to spend your own money to fill it up.

Although a 50x100 building with a 800 sq ft 2br apartment built into it would suit me nicely. I wouldn't say no to one. Oh yeah, ocean front too.

If you think woodworking is expensive you should get into metal working. However in metal working if you cut it too short you can always get the welder out and make it long again.

Now back to reality and trying to figure out where I'm going to spend my $250 stimulus money (yeah right, who am I trying to kid).

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Dream tool........

Hmmm.......................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

I hate to do this, but I am going to go with Scott Smith. ;-) A CNC router system and the know how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS