Weed pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
After finishing the chalkboard table and delivering it, I felt like adding to the ever growing pile of shavings underneath my lathe. I decided a 3" x 3" x 14" piece of Walnut should become a weed pot. Here is the outcome -

Weed_pot_005.jpg

Throw in a few Zinnias from the garden and you have something that makes the wife happy.
I really enjoyed making it, and will make a some more. I would have liked to have made the bottom larger, next time I'll start with a bigger blank, and get more shavings in the pile underneath the lathe :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Thanks for lookin'

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's neat Dave! What to you use to hollow out the vase?

It was drilled about 5-6" deep with a ¾" brad-tip bit. The the opening of the neck was opened up and flared to match the outside.

Mike, a glass tube would be excellent, as it will hold fake flowers or dried flowers once the real Zinnias die from lack of water :crybaby2:

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Dave, let me know the inside diameter of that fine creation. I may have just the insert you need!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Alright just because I have a tie-dye on the wall in my shop...doesn't mean anything. That is just what I have seen them called. I think it differentiates them from a vase that is deeper and could hold water. This is best for dried flowers or weeds :lol::lol:

Big Mike

New User
Mike
That is a pretty little weed pot, Dave. I have used some glass inserts from CSUSA and some stainless steel inserts from Lee Valley for my weed pots.

Very nice form on that vase.:icon_thum

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
I don't know anything about turning, I only make pens, but that is a nice
VAAAAAAAAAAAAAHZE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS