Warranty and customer service for Rikon items

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I currently have two pieces of Rikon equipment.

Shortly after I purchased their Mini-Lathe (70-100), I noticed that the chrome finish on the handwheel was beginning to flake off after about 13 months. To the point that I scratched my palms on a couple of sessions on the lathe spinning the hand wheel by hand. One call to the Rikon customer service team and I received a replacement in the mail within three days, no questions asked. (Didn't need any pictures or return of the old hand wheel.)

I purchased there 14" Deluxe Bandsaw (10-325). Had some questions regarding setup and after one call to CS, I was up and running in about 30min.. This past Fall, I was cutting some thin stock and a small piece of stock fell down the throat of the table insert and broke a small plastic blade guide above the lower guide bearings under the table. Again, just one call to their CS and I had a replacement in the mail within a couple of days.

The support that I have received from Rikon customer service has been excellent and they provide the 5-year limited warranty on their products. Will purchase additional Rikon gear should the need arise.

Wayne

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know the regional Sales Rep for Rikon and he is a stand-up guy.

Glad to hear others are having good experiences with the company.

ehpoole

Ethan
Let's just say I have not heard any negative experiences with Rikon support, I am sure they exist but they will tend to be outliers. I have spoken to them several times over the years, and always found them to be very knowledgable and friendly and easy to get hold of. If there is a part you need, either under warranty or a consumable they are prompt to ship it without any issue.

thrytis

New User
Eric
I had a problem with the switch on my Rikon bandsaw being flaky several years back. A quick call and they had one in the mail to me, no fuss, no paperwork, no return.

garymuto

New User
Gary
I had a problem years ago and they were really helpfull. I had to adjust the bottom wheel on my 10-325 bandsaw. They talked me through it. Later they sent me a revised manual excerpt that covered teh process. The customer service at Rikon is top notch in my book.

I think they offer a 5 year warranty too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors