walnut butsudon

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I was asked if I could make a few Butsudon's. (how many is a few?)
You have seen the frist one.
I now have the second one finished.
This one is in walnut, desgined in my head then built it.:eusa_thin
Used loose tenon's.
Finished with BLO, garnet shallec in sone spots, then amber shallec all over,
wipe on poly then wax.
Everything hand applied.
thanks for looking
Photos are not too good

butsu2.jpg

butsu1.jpg

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
good job. looks great. what are they used for?:eusa_doh: :eusa_thin :eusa_thin
I didn't know what a butsudan was so I googled "butsudan definition" and this is one of the definitions that came up.

A butsudan is an altar which is found in Japanese monasteries and homes. It will contain an image of the Buddha and other symbolic artifacts.

Guess I learned something new today.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I didn't know what a butsudan was so I googled "butsudan definition" and this is one of the definitions that came up.

A butsudan is an altar which is found in Japanese monasteries and homes. It will contain an image of the Buddha and other symbolic artifacts.

Basicly thats it:icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

These aren't completely unique to the Buddhist home. A year ago I helped a friend build a couple of "prayer boxes" for the local Roman Catholic chuch. Same general idea. The box would contain an image or icon to help someone focus on prayers or intentions.

Ray

J

jeff...

Nice looking walnut lumber there, great craftsmanship :icon_thum

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The walnut looks beautiful. Great looking finish.

If I designed something like that in my head then built it I don't think the doors would close!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS