Visited Scott Smith today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I picked up some wood for another NCWW member today at Scott's shop. Since I'd been there before on the April Shop Crawl, I figured I'd just grab the wood and run: WRONG! If you can go in Scott's shop and leave quickly, you're probably not an avid woodworker. :nah: There's just too much to ogle over, and so many questions to ask. It was a great visit! Thanks Scott for taking the time to show me around and chat.

Of course, there is a downside. Scott demonstrated his Festool miter saw and sanders, since I've never convinced myself to spend the money. Now I have to figure out how to ask LOML for an advance on my allowance. :eusa_thin And I had to ask for a towel when we went into the wood storage area: I was afraid I'd drool on the wood. :gar-La;

Scott, I don't know what I'd do w/ that piece of Turtle Wood, but if you ever get around to putting a finish on it, I'd sure love to see the results. :eusa_danc

Thanks again Scott.

Bill

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
A trip to Scott Smith's is an experience every real wood worker should make.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Can even bring the wife and kids, drop em off at the trains and I think they will have a blast.

+1 for Scotts place

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
A trip to Scott's is always a great time. Plenty of things to drool over and most importantly, great conversation. :icon_thum

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Bill, it was great to see you again and I really enjoyed our visit. Thanks for taking the time to pick up Mike's wood.

That brush tip from your dad is one that will find it's way into my daily repertoire of neat tool uses too! It worked well on cleaning the gunk out of my sander (now you'll have to stop back by so you can try it out!).

Guys, thanks for the kind words.

Scott

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
What brush tip?

Bill's dad used to make his own parts washing brushes (stiff bristles) by taking a standard paint brush and cutting 75% of the bristles off. Said differently, if your bristles are 1.5" long, you trim off about 1-1/8" of them, leaving bristles that are 3/8" long.

They are much stiffer than the brush, and thus work better at cleaning small parts in solvent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors