Violation of Classified Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I think that y'all's judgement is correct.

One suggestion though - before shutting down his classifieds, why don't we have someone contact them and gently let them know that they are violating policy, but at the same time suggest that they consider signing up for one of our banner ads? We can also invite them to introduce themselves and share some info about their biz.

That way we can potentially turn this into a revenue situation for the site. This could be a double benefit for our members, because their prices look pretty decent.

Scott

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I agree with Scott, kill them with kindess.

Since I'm not a Moderator or on the Board, I didn't think it was appropriate for me to contact her (Gwen?).

Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I think that the appropriate person to make the contact is the Development Director, because they are responsible for working with fund raising opportunities.

However, Stuart is out of pocket for a while with some medical issues and we (the BOD) have been discussing some alternate options.

Let me bounce a suggestion past Doug and Rob and someone will follow back up.

Scott

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I sent a pm and an email to them asking them to remove their ad. If it is not removed when I get home today, I will remove it. I did offer the possibility of a block ad though.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
She responded with a very positive "oops". Didn't know the policy as I suspected. No harm done. :thumbs_up

M

McRabbet

I'll contact them since they are close to me near Greenville, SC. I'll work on the possibility of a revenue ad even though we have not debated it out thoroughly. Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS