Urethane band saw tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCat

New User
JC
Hi all, i purchased new Carter urethane band saw tires and have a question. My wheels are one inch wide and the new tires are an inch and a half wide. Must I leave a quarter inch overlap on each side and trim off, or can i trim all on one side? Or, do i need to get same width tires and my wheels? Tks in advance........ JC

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Check the tires to see if they are crowned (thicker in the center). If not then you can trim 1/2" off one side.

Next time, if ever, it would be simpler to get the correct size to fit your bandsaw.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'm with Howard. I would want the correct size for my saw without trimming. That is if you have a 14" style saw with crowned tires. If you have a saw with flat tires I would think it doesn't matter.

JCCat

New User
JC
OK, i called Carter, who i bought the tires from, and they said to just trim off of one side, no need to do both. The tires are flat but i did crown them just a little with 100 grit sandpaper. They are 18 inch tires btw. Tks for the advice and have fun..........

rococojo

New User
Dr joseph hemingway
Hi all, i purchased new Carter urethane band saw tires and have a question. My wheels are one inch wide and the new tires are an inch and a half wide. Must I leave a quarter inch overlap on each side and trim off, or can i trim all on one side? Or, do i need to get same width tires and my wheels? Tks in advance........ JC

Hi, if its as daveO states,only 2 sizes available,3/4" -1,1/2". I would Centralise the tyre and trim each side,that way you will be safe,if it is cambered.
then I would hold some course sandpaper at a slight angle ( towards centure) while running the saw,(use a longish probe,(for safety)with sandpaper attached,at the bottom of the wheels back edge,and a hand sanding block at the front.:icon_thum But be very careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS