(UPDATED!) New Site Feature: Photo Popup for posts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
UPDATE: There is new a Photo Popup Button! No more scrolling down below the Smilies looking for the "My Photos" [INSERT] link! Its like a dream, only without the talking fence post.....

I've redone this doc to explain the new button and also a bit on Quick Reply.

I also added a section on Editor Options explaining what you see while writing a message.

I'm going to remove the My Photos stuff below the Smilies on Friday June 13.

=================================================

Hello everyone. I'm here to introduce a pretty darn nifty new feature added to the site.

Its official name is Photo Popup.

This is a new way to add photos from your personal Photo Gallery into any post.

The quick explanation:

[STRIKE]Below the Smilies box you will see a "My Photos" box.[/STRIKE]
[STRIKE]In that is a link [Insert].[/STRIKE]

1. In the Toolbar, next to the Insert Image button is a new Photo Popup Button
    photo_popup.png

View image in gallery
  2. Click the button, a new window opens up that contains your Photo Gallery photos.
  3. Click once on any pic and it automagically put the image into your post.

Its that simple!

Ok, now for the long winded screen shot explanation! Sit back, get a cup of coffee and prepare to be amazed!

First, here is a shot of how the message window looks with the wonderful new Photo Popup Button!

Here is a screen shot of the Popup Window opened from Photo Popup Button

Some notes, the Popup Window can be closed any way you wish. There is a "Close this window" link at the top right. Also, when you submit the thread, the Popup Window "should" close itself.

The default Popup Window opens all of your Photo Gallery Pictures, sorted by most recently uploaded. There is a "Show" drop down menu that lets you filter your pictures by Album if you so desire.

When you single click on one of your pictures it is added to your message.

Keep in mind, where ever you left your cursor while typing in the "Message:" window is where the Popup image will be inserted.

Finally, here is what you get after you have Submitted your post:

The Image is Centered and sized to Medium. There is also a link at the bottom of the picture to "View image in gallery". I'll give you one guess what that link does :)

Quick Reply
The Photo Popup Button is also in the Quick Reply Toolbar.

Editor Options Photo Popup puts the proper html codes in your message. What you see while writing your message depends on which Editor you have chosen to use.

In User Settings, Edit Options, Miscellaneous Options, Message Editor Interface (whew, thats a mouthful!), you have a drop down menu of editors to choose from.

1. "Basic Editor" you don't have any access to Photo Popups (or any other fancy formatting)
  2. "Standard Editor" you will see the html codes in your message
  3. "Enhanced Interface" you actually see the picture in your message

This Editor stuff only matters while you compose your message, once its submitted (or previewed), you will see the actual picture.

Let us know if there are any questions or bugs using the Help Desk Forum

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Re: New Site Feature: Photo Popup for posts.....

Let me test it

I like this. Simplifies the photo posting procedure. Technology is a wonderful thing.(If you know how to use it!!)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

:icon_cheersSure and begorra! Praise be to the programmers, or to YOU Senor FrogLeeps, if you are the one what made this happen!!

May the Force be with you, Brother!!

:gar-Bi:wsmile::eek:ccasion1:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:wink_smil:icon_cheers

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell

Glad everyone likes it!

Steve discovered this add on. I did assist, so I'll take some of the applause too :)

Enjoy.

Jim

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart

It can't get much simpler than that. All the mystery has now been taken out of posting photos. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

PeteQuad

New User
Peter

O nice Weber! I saw that one in Lowe's last week and was drooling a little.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Well, frogie...

That's one small lick for frog, one giant leap for frogkind! :rotflm:

ok, ok, i like it. :rolleyes:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt

RIBBITT ! err... Write on! :gar-Bi

Great job. Just used, and it is awesome!

Thanks!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS