UPDATED->Are you tired of pen pictures, yet??? :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
As I said in my original post, below, my daughter has two teachers. Here is a pic of the other one I made. I was afraid that using the design on the top and bottom would be too busy, but I actually like it!

I wanted to do something different with the center band, so I thought I would try to create a look of a ribbon cinching the 'braid' together in the middle. This is what I came up with. I know it doesn't really look like ribbon, but it's the general 'look' I was going for. I hollowed out each end of the center band (like a bowl) to have the top and bottom 'seat' into it to try to make the band appear to be wrapped around the pen...as opposed to the 'break' in design observed with the standard slimline centerband. Please send criticism (about the pen...I'm still working on the photos :) )
teacherpenNo2.jpg

2_Teacher_Pens.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
I started making the following for Christmas gifts to my daughter's kindergarten teachers. (She has a teacher and an assistant.) The lighting is a bit yellow, but it's Pink Ivory/Purple Heart and Sycamore. I added Wenge for the center band and top/bottom bands.

TeacherPen1.jpg

Chris

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: Are you tired of pen pictures, yet??? :)

Dang it, I can't get a segment pen out before anyone :BangHead: :BangHead:

Awesome job, I really like the herringbone pattern on the bottom.

Pen wars are on:XXbazooka :gar-Kr:

Dave:)

J

jeff...

wow look at THAT pen 8-O8-O geeze. Let the pen wars begin :lol:

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

WOW Chris. I like the look of that pen :icon_thum :icon_thum Awesome work :eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris that's unique. I don't believe I've ever seen a CB done like that. Way to think outside of the blank :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nope, not tired of pixs of great stuff like that :eusa_naug

Chris, that is imaginative and beautiful :icon_thum
Watching a war from the sidelines ain't bad :mrgreen:
Roger

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
You get a double WOW, WOW for that one. I like the CB design and the double design look :icon_thum :eusa_clap

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thanks, all! I am very pleased with the way the pen turned out. I think I am going to have a little fun with that centerband design and continue to make variations of it when making Slimlines in the future. Personally, I have wanted to add something to my pens that give it demention, but have not really found a profile that I like better than the classic. I've tried all the coves and beads and, although I think they can make for a great pen, I'm still partial to the traditional profile. This centerband, however, imho, allows the pen to keep a classic shape, but gives it some character...some 3-D quality or something. I think there are a few variations that can be done with it...Anyway, thanks for your input!!!

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors